Does fogging-up/condensation from the heater and cold outside air pose an issue to fresh tint?

Say you were to tint a car in a heated garage, left the heater on inside the car for the tint to dry a little bit, and then drove in the cold weather, with the heat still on and the windows fogged up. Will it damage the glue or affect the installation? Or is it just fine?

Edited by WatchingYou

I would have to say that would depend on how cured the edges are.  

Much like leaving water around the edges to seep back down into the film, the moisture that will build up around the edges can seep back down into the install and cause the edges to release.  The other issue is if you haven't pushed out enough water and go to clean the moisture, you could move a water bubble and cause marks or issues that way. :twocents

6 minutes ago, Bham said:

I would have to say that would depend on how cured the edges are.  

Much like leaving water around the edges to seep back down into the film, the moisture that will build up around the edges can seep back down into the install and cause the edges to release.  The other issue is if you haven't pushed out enough water and go to clean the moisture, you could move a water bubble and cause marks or issues that way. :twocents

Okay thanks, but how can I know if there was any damage? Also, it wasn't a lot of condensation, just a little mist on the windows and windshield 

8 minutes ago, WatchingYou said:

Okay thanks, but how can I know if there was any damage? Also, it wasn't a lot of condensation, just a little mist on the windows and windshield 

You should be fine on just a little.  Just let it dry and it will be fine.   My reference would be more for lots of moisture directly after install. :thumb  

I agree a lot of times after doing a back glass moisture will build up along the bottom Edge. I'm not sure what this comes from maybe the heavy breathing in the back seat though. It's never affected the film as far as I can tell.

It's just the moisture in the atmosphere. The warm air, warm surface causes some of your solution to evaporate, and then, when the vapour touches a cold surface, it will condense and land.

Happens all the time to me. Hasn't caused any issues other than the odd finger. 

Fingers are easy to lay because it's all wet; the glass is already lubricated.

20 hours ago, jh812 said:

I agree a lot of times after doing a back glass moisture will build up along the bottom Edge. I'm not sure what this comes from maybe the heavy breathing in the back seat though. It's never affected the film as far as I can tell.

Exactly. Breathing and body heat causes that.