Do you guys ever get soap chunks from your mix solution I have a filter on my spray bottle but it still looks like thick equate baby shampoo junks??? It seems like I only get them when I add more baby shampoo and water instead of just a fresh bottle..should i mix fresh bottle  everytime?? I use distilled  water too??

Edited by quality tintz

There was a thread regarding this a while back, let me see if I could find it. Used to have these issues before. I don't know if making a fresh bottle matters but I wouldn't want to dump out my water especially if you are buying distilled. I usually dump the half full bottles together and then make fresh ones with empty ones. No problems. But every few months I clean out my bottles with rubbing alcohol and warm water. For every fresh bottle I make I usually put a little tap water in there, shake it up real good, and then dump it out for cleaning maintenance. 

We no longer use baby shampoo for installation anymore that much. Tint slime rocks!

"Chunks" are usually caused by a dirty bottle...the soap settles and separates from the water and sticks to the sides of the bottle...you mix up new or shake and that residue comes off the sides and gets sucked into the strainer....trying cleaning out more frequently. a little dab of clorox will do on plastic bottles...my stainless steel tanks I use a brewer cleaning solution. The residue is always a possibility even with Tint slime...the only difference is the slime tends to re-mix itself it seems. Try to use filtered water....tap water will smell like a herd of gorillas when it gets hot. 

1 hour ago, CaliTINT said:

There was a thread regarding this a while back, let me see if I could find it. Used to have these issues before. I don't know if making a fresh bottle matters but I wouldn't want to dump out my water especially if you are buying distilled. I usually dump the half full bottles together and then make fresh ones with empty ones. No problems. But every few months I clean out my bottles with rubbing alcohol and warm water. For every fresh bottle I make I usually put a little tap water in there, shake it up real good, and then dump it out for cleaning maintenance. 

We no longer use baby shampoo for installation anymore that much. Tint slime rocks!

:yeah that's my exact same routine, no problems here and I still use baby shampoo 

Edited by highplains

Yes! Definitely make sure you rinse out your bottles every few days with hot water. I used to let them sit for days and days on end sometimes, use and refill over and over and one day I looked in the bottom and saw a thick coating on the bottom. When you pull the sprayer straw out of the bottle, feel it. I bet you can feel a waxy/texture to it. Basically the same thing is happening on the bottom of the bottle. Sometimes hot water isn’t enough to get rid of it, I had about 6 bottles I had to fill up a quarter of the way and add some JOY dish soap and let soak for 2 days till it broke it down.

18 minutes ago, redgar826 said:

Yes! Definitely make sure you rinse out your bottles every few days with hot water. I used to let them sit for days and days on end sometimes, use and refill over and over and one day I looked in the bottom and saw a thick coating on the bottom. When you pull the sprayer straw out of the bottle, feel it. I bet you can feel a waxy/texture to it. Basically the same thing is happening on the bottom of the bottle. Sometimes hot water isn’t enough to get rid of it, I had about 6 bottles I had to fill up a quarter of the way and add some JOY dish soap and let soak for 2 days till it broke it down.

Dam those  are dirty bottles !

Just now, quality tintz said:

Dam those  are dirty bottles !

But...are they really all that dirty with all the extra soap that was in them!?😂😂😂 nah but for real I did learn that it only take a few extra minutes to empty them out at the end of the day and rinse every few days. I have always used distilled water and I’m currently switching from Johnson’s baby shampoo to fusion all type. I really like that stuff since I got my ratio figured out and in that case, more isn’t always better for providing more slip.

1 hour ago, CaliTINT said:

Thanks calitint!  im gonna do this then use old water just for cleaning bottle!! So i dont waste it!!! Orange slime or green i love the orange but it costs some bucks!

5 minutes ago, redgar826 said:

But...are they really all that dirty with all the extra soap that was in them!?😂😂😂 nah but for real I did learn that it only take a few extra minutes to empty them out at the end of the day and rinse every few days. I have always used distilled water and I’m currently switching from Johnson’s baby shampoo to fusion all type. I really like that stuff since I got my ratio figured out and in that case, more isn’t always better for providing more slip.

How much fusion per gallon or quart bro? How do you mix it??

Edited by quality tintz

20 hours ago, quality tintz said:

How much fusion per gallon or quart bro? How do you mix it??

I have had good luck with 1oz. Fusion to a gallon of distilled water. Just measure it out, dump it in and shake it up good. I then use that gallon jug all day for my spray bottles.