23 hours ago, quality tintz said:

Thanks calitint!  im gonna do this then use old water just for cleaning bottle!! So i dont waste it!!! Orange slime or green i love the orange but it costs some bucks!

Agreed. I have separate bottles for my distilled water with tint slime and the rest of my bottles are for cleaning, prep, etc which I use J&J and regular water

24 minutes ago, CaliTINT said:

Agreed. I have separate bottles for my distilled water with tint slime and the rest of my bottles are for cleaning, prep, etc which I use J&J and regular water

Yes this came to me one day and i thought im not wasting distilled water to cut out patterns and clean im just using the good stuff for install hahaha!

22 hours ago, quality tintz said:

Yes this came to me one day and i thought im not wasting distilled water to cut out patterns and clean im just using the good stuff for install hahaha!

RIGHT!!!! It's kind of annoying having 2 different bottles but I'm frugal haha

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve bought distilled water for installs before. (Mobile or on-site work) But if your tinting at the same place everyday, why don’t you guys rig up a good filter system? I’ve worked in several different places over the years, one shop even ran on well water, (free) in the middle of a big ass city. (Strange) Water was horrible, but maybe $50 bucks at Home Depot and an hour worth of work it was fine.

21 hours ago, Super Dave said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve bought distilled water for installs before. (Mobile or on-site work) But if your tinting at the same place everyday, why don’t you guys rig up a good filter system? I’ve worked in several different places over the years, one shop even ran on well water, (free) in the middle of a big ass city. (Strange) Water was horrible, but maybe $50 bucks at Home Depot and an hour worth of work it was fine.

Can u put up picture filter that you used? From home depot !!!

Edited by quality tintz

22 hours ago, Super Dave said:

That's the long term plan. The quick fix for now was just to buy it in gallons

Edited by CaliTINT

May not be the exact model, but you get the idea. At my current shop, I ran it off of a the lines in the kitchen for refrigerators 

( inset in the wall) but you could just interrupt the line under whatever sink you are using. They sell quite a few different types of filters to go inside those things. I just use a mid grade carbon filter.  In the past I’ve also used the cheap ones that attach to the sink for spray bottles, they did fine but the water comes out pretty slow.

EC15DFF0-1CFD-4B27-BBD7-3CE6E943F31E.png