Who offers the option of applying a ceramic coating for your customers cars while in your shop.

Who offers the option of applying a ceramic coating for your customers cars while in your shop.  If not why? If so, what product do you think is the best to combine with PPF.    

Edited by BodyGuard

I do not because we do not do paint correction. Ceramic coating are starting to be everywhere. Unfortunately I don't think that's a good thing. The guys I know that do it spent many hours and are extremely meticulous with the paint. Now it seem many guys just slap it on and go.I think it's going to cheapen the product.  

Edited by Jake

Till now, I have chosen not to offer it. However, as I grow past being a one man shop, add on services become more appealing. I am just starting to realize  the benefits from the months of training and $$$ I invested in my previously inexperienced installer and am looking further down the road.  I often have customers asking if I can do this for them while I have  their car for clear bra and I have had to refer them to a detail shop.       I am set up to perform paint correction  that is often needed to get the paint to the standard I am comfortable with just to apply film.    Jake, I think you make a good pint about the crazy level of perfection achieved by some of the "coating people".  While I am not interested in being that guy, perhaps a future employee could fill that need.

Hopefully others will chime in here.....

Work hand in hand with a detail shop?    Or, become a PPF/Coating shop?

We offer Opti-Coat Pro at our shop. Application is so much easier than PPF. There is also a high profit margin on it... so I think it would be a good add on. Most of the cars we work on are new so minimal paint correction is needed. I think it would be a great service to offer as we do a lot of ceramic coatings with the vehicles we are applying film to. 

We offer Ceramic Pro coating along with our PPF. Most of the customers who come through our door don't mind the extra cost of coating if it means the maintenance will be a little easier. It does take time to get it right but it's not a difficult process. If you have the manpower, it's worth offering the option.