Is 5% tint on the windshield reasonable?

1 minute ago, Bham said:

Last install on this.  

@WatchingYou  Respectfully,,,,, please stop.  You already know you aren't going to get the answers you want.  You already have been told by others in other places the TRUTH OF THE SITUATION, yet you refuse to listen.   Please do not make a video to try to prove anything and please move on to somewhere else with this situation.  You are in the wrong place here to try to get the improper answers you are looking for.  Thank you and Have a Nice Day.  Move along.  

I'm sorry, I just thought people would be interested about that on a tint forum.

24 minutes ago, TNTLady said:

I do believe the question of the topic was "Is 5% tint on the windshield reasonable? The answer is.... NO.

All other asinine remarks by will be ignored by me from here out...

I am sorry if I've been rude to you, it was unintentional. As for "Is 5% tint on the windshield reasonable?", it was more of an attention grabbing title, rather than the only formulation of my question. 

I completely understand how I might be viewed as a troll, but I am simply not. I was looking for answers like this one:

3 hours ago, Super Dave said:

I do know I’ve seen a lot of people in some various other countries that always have their windshields in limo, for a number of different reasons. (Mostly security)

I have no idea what the laws were there, but IMO it’s just too dark! 

The install quality was very low, (trash,creases). Didn’t seem to bother them at all. Makes me wonder about customers that complain (with 80%) about an imaginary mark or halo you can only see if the sun is in the right angle and you hold your head a certain way!

Edited by WatchingYou

1 hour ago, WatchingYou said:

I'm sorry, I just thought people would be interested about that on a tint forum.

If this were a forum about how tint looks, then maybe it would be different.  But this forum is mostly made up of window tint professional  that make a living doing this work.  We have been dealing with this unreasonable situation for so long now, it tends to get a little old after awHile.  Hense the dead horse reference.  

No disrespect intended towards you. :peace    Just trying to keep everything out front for you, so you can see.  Pun intended. :lol  

My experience with 5% tint is it's dangerous. You just had yours done. Perhaps you haven't had much experience yet? All it takes is that one teenager skating along the sidewalk late at night wearing all black clothing, and you will see why it's dangerous.

I almost ran him over, you will too. I only had my side windows done, and always refuse to do front windshield any darker than 20% regardless of how good their eyes are. I have one kid ask me all the time, and I always respond No! You will kill someone.

Also: Blinding other driver's at night with excessive headlights is just so inconsiderate. Having to blind other drivers just so you can see through your windshield is just ridiculous.

Edited by CustomGlassTinter

22 hours ago, WatchingYou said:

I am sorry if I've been rude to you, it was unintentional. As for "Is 5% tint on the windshield reasonable?", it was more of an attention grabbing title, rather than the only formulation of my question. 

I completely understand how I might be viewed as a troll, but I am simply not. I was looking for answers like this one:

Was anyone thinking of you as a troll? Not a Troll? Kind of creepy.....user name (WatchingYou)...5% on windshield? Why don’t you want people seeing you? Do you happen to drive an ice cream truck in California? Just asking.

Cheers

On 5/18/2018 at 1:39 AM, WatchingYou said:

I am not trolling! I have had a 10% windshield for a month now and I got used to driving with it at night. I am seriously considering going darker, as you can still see interior bits in some circumstances with 10%. In any case.

I will be posting a video of me driving at night, just to further prove that I'm not a troll.

First,  I how you don't hit anyone driving at night but when you do I pray you and the person that tinted your windshield both pay. 

My main reason for posting though is you don't know math.  If you have 20 and 50 on a windshield that is already around 70 then you are already well below 5%.  You are easy darker than 10% alread.

2 hours ago, Ryker said:

First,  I how you don't hit anyone driving at night but when you do I pray you and the person that tinted your windshield both pay.

Thanks, of course I will, I am completely aware of that, and ready to face consequences, as any Man should.

2 hours ago, Ryker said:

My main reason for posting though is you don't know math.  If you have 20 and 50 on a windshield that is already around 70 then you are already well below 5%.  You are easy darker than 10% alread.

I heard windshields were around 90-93% VLT(Correct me if I'm wrong) and not 70-80 like side windows are? In any case, I was only talking about my added setup, because I thought it's what people are used to hear and not the full VLT computation...

Edited by WatchingYou

3 minutes ago, WatchingYou said:

Thanks, of course I will, I am completely aware of that, and ready to face consequences, as any Man should.

I thought windshields were around 90-93% VLT and not 70-80 like side windows are? In any case, I was only talking about my added setup, because I thought it's what people are used to hear and not the full VLT computation...

No most windshields are around 75, only plate glass is in the 90's that I've found.

Any court or insurance adjuster will find any tint on a windshield as negligent.  Anything as dark as what you have will be easily ruled as gross negligence.  You most likely will be on the hook for all costs associated with any accident as if you had zero insurance.  Just the facts.