Is 5% tint on the windshield reasonable?

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:22 AM, Bham said:

No disrespect intended towards you. :peace    Just trying to keep everything out front for you, so you can see.  Pun intended. :lol  

Freaking Hilarious!!

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 12:42 PM, WatchingYou said:

Thanks, of course I will, I am completely aware of that, and ready to face consequences, as any Man should.

I wonder if someone would spend time in the Big House if you kill someone because you cant see out your windshield? Gross Negligence

Is it worth someone's, or your own, life just so you car can look cool or gangster?  

We know someone who has been tinting as a side job for extra cash. He recently installed 35% on a younger guys windshield. Well unfortunately the young man did not see a girl at night time who was walking, he hit her and killed her. I don't care how good your eyes are, or how you adjust them to fit something that isn't needed. When you start going to such dark percentages, you are risking not only your safety, but the safety and LIVES of others. 

22 minutes ago, CaptainSpod said:

We know someone who has been tinting as a side job for extra cash. He recently installed 35% on a younger guys windshield. Well unfortunately the young man did not see a girl at night time who was walking, he hit her and killed her. I don't care how good your eyes are, or how you adjust them to fit something that isn't needed. When you start going to such dark percentages, you are risking not only your safety, but the safety and LIVES of others. 

This is my biggest fear with doing dark tint, windshield or otherwise. I haven't had anyone ask for anything darker than 50% on their windshield yet but I am sure the day will come and I will have to turn them away on morals alone.

How can you blame the tint? Maybe he was texting and driving?

44 minutes ago, liftedpsd2010 said:

How can you blame the tint? Maybe he was texting and driving?

Doesn't matter... The attorney for the deceased/injured will go after everyone and the courts will figure out who is to blame and why.

Personally, I have enough crap to deal with in life then to worry about that kind of stuff.

That being said, I have put 5% on front windows... of homes. Which are stationary, and don't tend to run people over. :lol6

It would seem to me that this whole argument goes along with many others which are based on the concept of only a consideration for one's self and not their fellow neighbors. When I have a customer request a dark windshield I always respond that I cannot do it as it is dangerous and while they are more than willing to accept that consequence and surely more capable and cool than I,  it might be somebody else they hurt...such as my child or wife. In the old days we only really had 35% readily available to tint one with....nowadays with all of the selections and material constructions up to 90% that is no longer the case. The best "control" for these sort of issues is responsible installation. If a consumer can't get it installed, then they are ultimately forced to conform to our advice and guidance as it should be. Sometimes we have to save folks from themselves. The folks that embrace this ridiculous concept of having no discernible view into their vehicles will be left with no options if we simply refuse the install. We all know that it is sometimes imperative that drivers can see others in their cars to know if they are looking, waiting, about to turn, etc... While I will sometimes tint a windshield as dark as 35%, a bit of salesmanship almost guarantees that never happens when the customer sees the benefits of a lighter, but more expensive material. Just my humble opinion.