Is 5% tint on the windshield reasonable?

What country do you live in?  That is not legal anywhere in the U.S.  I even scanned the laws just to humor you. Besides it is about what is responsible and considerate of others, but like I said earlier you fall into that category of geniuses that are much more capable and cooler than me.:smh

What country do you live in?  That is not legal anywhere in the U.S.  I even scanned the laws just to humor you. Besides it is about what is responsible and considerate of others, but like I said earlier you fall into that category of geniuses that are much more capable and cooler than me.:smh

Lol I live in Florida. I’m responsible enough to know the law that pertains to me and if Florida will allow me to have 5 percent on my windshield then I will have it.

Let's end the guessing and nonsense right here.

You are not allowed to use 15%, 35% or even Clear tint on the entire front windshield.

In fact, it's not even legal WITH a medical exemption in Florida.  In fact, NO TINT is allowed on the front windshield in Florida EXCEPT a strip at the top.

Now you know.

Florida Code 2018

Chapter 316

316.2952 Windshields; requirements; restrictions.

(1) A windshield in a fixed and upright position, which windshield is equipped with safety glazing as required by federal safety-glazing material standards, is required on every motor vehicle which is operated on the public highways, roads, and streets, except on a motorcycle or implement of husbandry.
(2) A person shall not operate any motor vehicle on any public highway, road, or street with any sign, sunscreening material, product, or covering attached to, or located in or upon, the windshield, except the following:
(a) A certificate or other paper required to be displayed by law.
(b) Sunscreening material along a strip at the top of the windshield, so long as such material is transparent and does not encroach upon the driver’s direct forward viewing area as more particularly described and defined in Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards No. 205 as the AS/1 portion of the windshield.
(c) A device, issued by a governmental entity as defined in s. 334.03, or its designee, for the purpose of electronic toll payments.
(d) A global positioning system device or similar satellite receiver device that uses the global positioning system operated pursuant to 10 U.S.C. s. 2281 to obtain navigation, to improve driver safety as a component of safety monitoring equipment capable of providing driver feedback, or to otherwise route information while the motor vehicle is being operated.

Title XXIII
MOTOR VEHICLES
Chapter 316
STATE UNIFORM TRAFFIC CONTROL
View Entire Chapter
316.2953 Side windows; restrictions on sunscreening material.A person shall not operate any motor vehicle on any public highway, road, or street on which vehicle the side wings and side windows on either side forward of or adjacent to the operator’s seat are composed of, covered by, or treated with any sunscreening material or other product or covering which has the effect of making the window nontransparent or which would alter the window’s color, increase its reflectivity, or reduce its light transmittance, except as expressly permitted by this section. A sunscreening material is authorized for such windows if, when applied to and tested on the glass of such windows on the specific motor vehicle, the material has a total solar reflectance of visible light of not more than 25 percent as measured on the nonfilm side and a light transmittance of at least 28 percent in the visible light range. A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a nonmoving violation as provided in chapter 318.
History.s. 1, ch. 84-296; s. 1, ch. 91-42; s. 209, ch. 99-248.
Edited by HardyHarHar

Let's end the guessing and nonsense right here.
You are not allowed to use 15%, 35% or even Clear tint on the entire front windshield.
In fact, it's not even legal WITH a medical exemption in Florida.  In fact, NO TINT is allowed on the front windshield in Florida EXCEPT a strip at the top.
Now you know.

Florida Code 2018
Chapter 316

316.2952 Windshields; requirements; restrictions.—
(1) A windshield in a fixed and upright position, which windshield is equipped with safety glazing as required by federal safety-glazing material standards, is required on every motor vehicle which is operated on the public highways, roads, and streets, except on a motorcycle or implement of husbandry. (2) A person shall not operate any motor vehicle on any public highway, road, or street with any sign, sunscreening material, product, or covering attached to, or located in or upon, the windshield, except the following: (a) A certificate or other paper required to be displayed by law. (b) Sunscreening material along a strip at the top of the windshield, so long as such material is transparent and does not encroach upon the driver’s direct forward viewing area as more particularly described and defined in Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards No. 205 as the AS/1 portion of the windshield. © A device, issued by a governmental entity as defined in s. 334.03, or its designee, for the purpose of electronic toll payments. (d) A global positioning system device or similar satellite receiver device that uses the global positioning system operated pursuant to 10 U.S.C. s. 2281 to obtain navigation, to improve driver safety as a component of safety monitoring equipment capable of providing driver feedback, or to otherwise route information while the motor vehicle is being operated.  

Title XXIII
MOTOR VEHICLES
Chapter 316
STATE UNIFORM TRAFFIC CONTROL
View Entire Chapter
316.2953 Side windows; restrictions on sunscreening material.—A person shall not operate any motor vehicle on any public highway, road, or street on which vehicle the side wings and side windows on either side forward of or adjacent to the operator’s seat are composed of, covered by, or treated with any sunscreening material or other product or covering which has the effect of making the window nontransparent or which would alter the window’s color, increase its reflectivity, or reduce its light transmittance, except as expressly permitted by this section. A sunscreening material is authorized for such windows if, when applied to and tested on the glass of such windows on the specific motor vehicle, the material has a total solar reflectance of visible light of not more than 25 percent as measured on the nonfilm side and a light transmittance of at least 28 percent in the visible light range. A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a nonmoving violation as provided in chapter 318. History.—s. 1, ch. 84-296; s. 1, ch. 91-42; s. 209, ch. 99-248.

Read this you genius. IMG_3211.PNG

It specifically states windshield!!!! So who is guessing and using nonsense now???

First of all, why did you play games and not just say you had a medical condition up front instead of being a jerk about it ?

Second of all, for the VAST MAJORITY of people who have no exemptions, it's illegal.

Again, you made no mention of any exemptions.  if that's in the code and I missed it then I accept that I was wrong about that and apologize for my mistake.

I didn't see that.

Are you the one with the condition or a family member?

Edited by HardyHarHar

2 hours ago, liftedpsd2010 said:

I have 15 on my windshield and it’s totally legal where I live. So as an installer you wouldn’t install legal tint? If you think someone can barely see out of 35 percent at night then you either have crappy headlights or are blind.

This is what you said and it is deceptive since you did not mention any medical conditions.   People can't assume you have a condition.

Your posts come over as immature and irresponsible regardless.

Edited by HardyHarHar

Lol! This doesn’t help your argument. Your highlighted text contains the word “exemption” which means that something ILLEGAL is allowed for a very small segment of the population based on medical issues. Exempt and legal are two different concepts. So what your initial comment should have been is my windshield is darker than legal in the state of Florida because I somehow got an exemption instead of it is legal to have blah blah because I am awesome. 

Lol! This doesn’t help your argument. Your highlighted text contains the word “exemption” which means that something ILLEGAL is allowed for a very small segment of the population based on medical issues. Exempt and legal are two different concepts. So what your initial comment should have been is my windshield is darker than legal in the state of Florida because I somehow got an exemption instead of it is legal to have blah blah because I am awesome. 

So by you mentioning the exemption then how does it help your case? You stated even with an exemption no tint in windshield except for a strip is allowed. So which is it Mr. sunbreaker? Is it or isn’t it allowed with an exemption. And in my second post I stated I am responsible to go by the law that pertains to me.