Is 5% tint on the windshield reasonable?

I only stated it was “not legal” to have the whole windshield done as you stated. The rest of that discussion was with somebody else partner.  And I still stand by what I said. Legal and exempt are not interchangeable. It is not legal but you CAN be given special permission. Oh yeah that is also called an exemption. Moving on

I only stated it was “not legal” to have the whole windshield done as you stated. The rest of that discussion was with somebody else partner.  And I still stand by what I said. Legal and exempt are not interchangeable. It is not legal but you CAN be given special permission. Oh yeah that is also called an exemption. Moving on

You stated even with an exemption I couldn’t tint my whole windshield. You are wrong.

1 hour ago, Sunbreakers said:

What country do you live in?  That is not legal anywhere in the U.S.  I even scanned the laws just to humor you. Besides it is about what is responsible and considerate of others, but like I said earlier you fall into that category of geniuses that are much more capable and cooler than me.:smh

Where? 

Technically Hardyharhar is right, even with an exemption you’re only allowed to go so dark and 5% is completely illegal on a windshield in all 50 states regardless if you’re exempt or not. Sounds like you should reread the law and read it again and then consult a legal adviser to better understand it. Regardless of the exemption if you run someone over and God forbid kill them your exemption holds as much weight as a none compete agreement in court. You will still be held accountable for your negligence

3 minutes ago, Tintmaster08 said:

Technically Hardyharhar is right, even with an exemption you’re only allowed to go so dark and 5% is completely illegal on a windshield in all 50 states regardless if you’re exempt or not. Sounds like you should reread the law and read it again and then consult a legal adviser to better understand it. Regardless of the exemption if you run someone over and God forbid kill them your exemption holds as much weight as a none compete agreement in court. You will still be held accountable for your negligence

A number of states will also restrict said exempt vehicles with filmed windshields to daytime use only if you read the full code.