Last one to post #857

56 minutes ago, jh812 said:

I wonder if getting a billboard is worth it :chin

They are VERY expensive.  At least around here they are.  A real estate friend of mine told me his runs him $650 a month and it’s on a side road. Not the interstate.  

12 hours ago, jh812 said:

I wonder if getting a billboard is worth it :chin

@DynamicATL

If you get a killer price, but IMO no.  Around here it is $2k-$5k monthly depending on the location.  So I'm like I have to generate enough business off it to pay for it, then make some on top which I don't see happening.  To me billboards are good for large companies like Chipotle.  It keeps their name (a name you already know) on your mind so you think about them when your hungry.

Morning ever E body :yawn   

@DynamicATL  I agree.  Places like Cracker Barrel , you know you want to eat there, you just need to know where they are.  They can afford to keep that kind of sign out on in the interstate and it is beneficial to them.  Not everyone in the U.S. knows or wants to know about your shop for window tint, doesn't matter to them, even if they do see the sign.  Keep your signage local and more direct to your area and no monthly fees to add to your expenses that way.  I would much rather do, one time and done, rather than pay a note that large every month. :twocents 

Edited by Bham

The car audio division here did it on a digital board...so it rotates every 5-10 seconds.  Shit was $2500 per right down the street from the shop.  They dropped it after two months not seeing any returns.

@jh812  Is Waze a popular phone app there?  If so, you can pay to be on there...it is like $65 a month for around 50,000 impressions.  It makes it easier for people to navigate to you, shows a little billboard above your business for people driving in the area, and does ad popups for you on the app.

Hey, here's a Distributer Spliff idea :idea   

How about distributors like 3M or @XPEL Jeff offer their higher volume shops the opportunity to win a billboard in their area if they are the highest ordering shop.  

Either annually or make it a peak season ordering contest.  

The main distributor gets their name our there and the local shop gets a Billboard for a year or half a year, whatever. :chin