Losing my mind trying to decide on tint...

On 11/27/2018 at 10:12 AM, jh812 said:

I would think the XR black would be around that or maybe a little less and XR plus could go above or right at it. Most Toyota's run a little lighter in the back in the low 30% range. If you're not wanting to change the appearance much you could go with 40 to 50% back there. Anything lighter and you won't be able to visually tell it's on there imo. 

Thanks @jh812. Much appreciated. After much consideration and researching the different tint shops in my location, I decided to just go back to the previous shop that installed the Pinnacle on my 4runner.

The shops that are in my general area that sell the Xpel brands are not considered authorized retailers at least from what I've seen on Xpel's website when trying to look for authorized dealers around my area and from what a customer service rep emailed me when inquiring about authorized window film installers. The closest shop that actually does window film installs is about a 20 or so minute drive from me (I know, it's not that far). I don't know if these two business lost their license as authorized dealers for Xpel, but I'd be worried too much about warranty if something does go wrong.

And that brings me up to the second reason of going with Pinnacle, the warranty. Can't beat the lifetime transferable warranty if I ever decide to sell my vehicle.

Again, thanks for all your help.

45 minutes ago, dre4runner said:

Thanks @jh812. Much appreciated. After much consideration and researching the different tint shops in my location, I decided to just go back to the previous shop that installed the Pinnacle on my 4runner.

The shops that are in my general area that sell the Xpel brands are not considered authorized retailers at least from what I've seen on Xpel's website when trying to look for authorized dealers around my area and from what a customer service rep emailed me when inquiring about authorized window film installers. The closest shop that actually does window film installs is about a 20 or so minute drive from me (I know, it's not that far). I don't know if these two business lost their license as authorized dealers for Xpel, but I'd be worried too much about warranty if something does go wrong.

And that brings me up to the second reason of going with Pinnacle, the warranty. Can't beat the lifetime transferable warranty if I ever decide to sell my vehicle.

Again, thanks for all your help.

I am not sure about XPEL, but some have a film buy minimum the shop has to meet quarterly to be placed on the locator as an authorized dealer.

5 hours ago, DynamicATL said:

I am not sure about XPEL, but some have a film buy minimum the shop has to meet quarterly to be placed on the locator as an authorized dealer.

Didn't know that businesses have to meet a certain criteria to be able to placed on their locator as an authorized dealer. But even then, when I contacted Xpel via email, they only provided me w/ 3 businesses that they deal with.

The first shop that I contacted that uses Xpel films finally reopened after temporarily closing their shop for almost a month. After talking to them again, they still did mention the Xpel films, but they did mention that they also have Madico films. I asked for the price difference between their top of the line films and it was a $100 difference between the Prime XR and the Madico film (they didn't give me the brands that they used for Madico). The XR was $450 for the whole vehicle while the Madico was $350. This shop also closed down their website. So I doubt I'll be doing business with them even though it looks like they do a great job in tinting vehicles.