Losing my mind trying to decide on tint...

29 minutes ago, tintnewb42 said:

DynamicATL or others, any thoughts on Wincos 60?  

I have an appointment for Crystalline but someone mentioned a great tint shop near me that does Wincos, and it is a bit cheaper too.  Any advantage to Wincos over Crystalline? 

Wincos is a good film with high IR Rejection.  We have used it several times for friends/family for people wanting high performance without any odd colors.  Personally I never compared the two, so not sure how they stack up against each other.  @Naples Tint Company uses Wincos and I am sure tested it against Crystalline.

22 hours ago, DynamicATL said:

Wincos is a good film with high IR Rejection.  We have used it several times for friends/family for people wanting high performance without any odd colors.  Personally I never compared the two, so not sure how they stack up against each other.  @Naples Tint Company uses Wincos and I am sure tested it against Crystalline.

Thanks Dynamic. The Crystalline color is kind of getting to me. Wincos looks good to me in all pictures. I think I'll try to go down and see Wincos 45 and 60 and just do one of them.  The tint owner said 45 is his favorite shade of tint and not too dark, but of course preferences vary.  

So in case it helps anyone else (like the other guy in this subforum who had similar questions to me), I wanted to just update my tint search. I had a chance to see Wincos 60 and Black Pearl 45 in person.  Probably so you won't regret your tint choice you should try to see them in person.  The Wincos 60 was too light and basically invisible (and I thought that is what I wanted) and the Black Pearl 45 was the right shade but man is it a blue hue.  The tinter said the Wincos is even moreso blue.  So I don't think I'll end up doing Wincos and I'll go check out a few more too.  

CTX which I was not considering has a great color to it.  For $50 more I can do Pinnacle at a good shop here, so I think I may just end up doing that with a Stratos Windshield for about $125 more than AirBlue80.  

Any thoughts on XPEL Prime XR or DUB IR?  It's crazy how many good tint choices there are now.  

Edited by tintnewb42

On 6/25/2018 at 1:06 PM, tintnewb42 said:

So in case it helps anyone else (like the other guy in this subforum who had similar questions to me), I wanted to just update my tint search. I had a chance to see Wincos 60 and Black Pearl 45 in person.  Probably so you won't regret your tint choice you should try to see them in person.  The Wincos 60 was too light and basically invisible (and I thought that is what I wanted) and the Black Pearl 45 was the right shade but man is it a blue hue.  The tinter said the Wincos is even moreso blue.  So I don't think I'll end up doing Wincos and I'll go check out a few more too.  

CTX which I was not considering has a great color to it.  For $50 more I can do Pinnacle at a good shop here, so I think I may just end up doing that with a Stratos Windshield for about $125 more than AirBlue80.  

Any thoughts on XPEL Prime XR or DUB IR?  It's crazy how many good tint choices there are now.  

Shoot me an email at jphillips@xpel.com if you'd like a sample of the Prime XR.  We also have the Prime XR Plus now (IR Rejection of 97% in the 45 VLT that you mentioned)

Sorry for bringing up an older post but since this is up already, I didn't want to start another post w/ basically the same questions.

Basically my question is if you had a choice of Pinnacle or Xpel, which would you choose? 

Just a quick backbround, I recently just tinted my 4runner w/ the Pinnacle, 15 in the back and 35 up front. Before getting the Pinnacle, I was ready to go get the Xpel but the shop suddenly temporarily closed for remodeling. I didn't want to wait for the shop to open so I decided to go w/ a different shop. The reason I'm asking is because I want to tint my wife's vehicle next. Since she has the larger SUV that carries the family w/ leather seats, I would like it to be comfortable for my wife and kids and I'd like to know your preference out of the two. As far as shops and installations go, the one that installed the Pinnacle on my vehicle is great. And as far as the other shop that uses Xpel, the shop is real nice and the installer seems very knowledgeable, but then again, I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to automotive tints so he could just be bullsh***ing me. But as far as reviews and pictures posted on Yelp and their website, everything looks pretty legit.

Also, I am thinking of adding film to my windshield in the upcoming new year. Maybe using either the Air 80 or the Stratos 70. There's like an $80 dollar difference between the two but I don't want to be pulled over just to have it removed. Can you tell that there is window tint on the windshield w/ the Stratos 70 or the Air 80?

@tintnewb42 which window tint did you decide to go with?

Oh and I live in SoCal btw.

Edited by dre4runner

The Xpel XRBlack is a great film, we use it everyday. Happy with the match on privacy glass. The XR Plus has more performance, but keep in mind it has a blueish look to it, making it off on color compared to most SUV privacy glass. I have the  XRPlus 35% on my Audi A4. At first I was a bit put off with the blue tone. But after  being on for a while I don't even notice it anymore. But if next to another film it is quite blue.

Edited by Jake

1 hour ago, Jake said:

The Xpel XRBlack is a great film, we use it everyday. Happy with the match on privacy glass. The XR Plus has more performance, but keep in mind it has a blueish look to it, making it off on color compared to most SUV privacy glass. I have the  XRPlus 35% on my Audi A4. At first I was a bit put off with the blue tone. But after  being on for a while I don't even notice it anymore. But if next to another film it is quite blue.

As far as price range goes, which one is comparable to Pinnacle, the XR Black or XR Plus. I know it depends on the shop that's installing the tint on how much they want to charge the customers but I'm just inquiring since I don't want to pay over what I paid for the Pinnacle, which is around $500 to do all 4 doors including the rear glass on my 4runner.

Also, thanks for the info. Does anyone know if the Sequoia's front doors have that greenish factory tint to it? I can't remember and I forgot to look at it this morning before my wife left for work. I don't want to say anything to her about the windows being tinted as I want it to be a surprise. Also, what percentage tint do you folks recommend for the rear doors with the stock tint? I don't want to go dark because my wife will have trouble seeing out of it at night so I want to keep it as factory looking as possible.

Again, thanks for all the info that you guys have given me. Much appreciated.

I would think the XR black would be around that or maybe a little less and XR plus could go above or right at it. Most Toyota's run a little lighter in the back in the low 30% range. If you're not wanting to change the appearance much you could go with 40 to 50% back there. Anything lighter and you won't be able to visually tell it's on there imo.