What would you do ?

4 hours ago, blackoutauto said:

the businesses that offer this shady business  totally piss me off. completely ruins the names for all the legit shops. 

I know how you feel. The sad part is this guy caries a very high end product that his customers are not getting all the time. Don’t worry what goes around comes around. 

11 hours ago, MT1 said:

I have a few local shops I do installs for. One of them is a rather big name in town and has been open and established for around 30 years. In the last few years I was approached by the owner of this shop to start installing residential and commercial jobs for him. I agreeded and started. As the time went on I started to notice some things that were not to my liking. Such as promising a customer one high end product and using a different one of lower quality. He would even go as far as reboxing them in another manufactures box. 

It started to get to the point I was being asked to pick up film from a local distribution place and just hide the box or simply to not bring it in the customers home or business. 

I would also find myself on jobs and being routinely shorted on film. Normally when I worked with other shops they would send me with a few extra feet just Incase I blew a piece ( very rare ). Unfortunately this guy would not, leaving me with a lot of wasted time and miles etc.

Another problem I encountered was the sales person he had was new to the business and was learning on the fly ( usually leaving me to not get paid what was deserved on a job I would always end up eating it somehow ). On top of that the sales guy was in recovery of past addictions and suffering relapses.  The hard part for me was A decent amount of my income was made at that business but the level of integrity was very low.

I obviously need the cash but the deceptive business practices are more than I can deal with.

So I left..........

what at would you have done ???

Same as you did i would've  left not honest of them and no appreciation for u and your skills! I'm still selling AutoZone tint out of a old llumar box just kidding hahahaha

Edited by quality tintz

You are the one keeping that train rolling. You seem to know what it takes and how to get it done. I feel for you as to my own customers (I wouldn’t give them anything other than what  was explained and agreed upon). 

In this industry today, he will be hard pressed to find someone to do anything let alone be at his disposal. Not like the 80s. 

If you feel his ethics are good you may want to get into the car salesmen job, if you feel it’s not right, move along and wait for the begging. 

Anyone can install window tint, but a professional will leave them with piece of mind. 

Bottom line (you are a professional, you make it happen). I they are telling customers one thing and delivering another; time to do your own thing. He has car salesman written all over him, and when an educated (because that is what we have these day even prior to having something done, because they research) say this doesn’t seem to be doing what you said....guess who holds the ball

cheers 

On 5/31/2018 at 5:07 PM, drtint said:

You are the one keeping that train rolling. You seem to know what it takes and how to get it done. I feel for you as to my own customers (I wouldn’t give them anything other than what  was explained and agreed upon). 

In this industry today, he will be hard pressed to find someone to do anything let alone be at his disposal. Not like the 80s. 

If you feel his ethics are good you may want to get into the car salesmen job, if you feel it’s not right, move along and wait for the begging. 

Anyone can install window tint, but a professional will leave them with piece of mind. 

Bottom line (you are a professional, you make it happen). I they are telling customers one thing and delivering another; time to do your own thing. He has car salesman written all over him, and when an educated (because that is what we have these day even prior to having something done, because they research) say this doesn’t seem to be doing what you said....guess who holds the ball

cheers 

Huh....