How do you cool your shop in the summer?

Wondering what my options are to approach cooling off my shop.

I work out of a storage unit with hydronic heat in the floor. I am not allowed to do much as far as improvements to the unit so I am looking for a way to cool things during the summer months.

My space is 20' wide and 45' deep with a 15' wide and 14' tall overhead door and one standard size man door.

Was thinking of getting one of those dehumidifier looking room air conditioners but I am a little worried about having my door open for the unit to breathe.

Any and all suggestions will help. Thanks!

21 minutes ago, no ma'am said:

I'd think multiple window units at the base of door for you maybe on 4 wheel dollies would be the way to go. Couple light filler panels here and there. :?

@no ma'am Honestly thought about that. Popping the garage door open a little bit and making a filler of sorts with an old 110 volt window AC or two. Just wasn't sure about possible dirt blowing in the top of the door.

13 minutes ago, quality tintz said:

Swamp cooler I turn it off though on the side when I install the tint where it blows

@quality tintz Looked at a Honeywell Evaporative Cooler on Amazon yesterday but it has a little map and doesn't recommend use in Ohio. :sad

I’ve got a portacool. It’s decent at best if you’re standing in one spot. It’s useless if you’re wanting to use it to cool your shop. I’ve even filled it with ice water and it made no difference. Just makes my shop more humid than it was without it.

I’m in the process of trying to put a/c in my shop. Trying to figure out if I’ll be better served with mini split units or one central heat/ac unit. Got about 1600sq ft to cool.

3 hours ago, wade_660 said:

I’ve got a portacool. It’s decent at best if you’re standing in one spot. It’s useless if you’re wanting to use it to cool your shop. I’ve even filled it with ice water and it made no difference. Just makes my shop more humid than it was without it.

I’m in the process of trying to put a/c in my shop. Trying to figure out if I’ll be better served with mini split units or one central heat/ac unit. Got about 1600sq ft to cool.

Those things suck! We used to fill and freeze gallon containers to sit in the pan at the bottom. None of us noticed ant difference while working. Just an expensive fan.

I'm in sunny south Florida and go to my customers .....outside or in garages....no air conditioning........most of the time I have some shade.......its hot and I do change shirts after each job....but one benefit is that the tint dries fast...no need to tell customer not to roll windows down.......its dry when I leave.....