To launch or not to launch business? Help please!

Alright guys and ladies here's my story so I live in a small town in New Mexico. I've been window tinting for about 3 years in my garage now as a part time gig. I've came to this site for tons of info, I've only posted one other time. I would only watch and learn from afar. Now I in my town there is no window tinting shop just a couple of guys that do it as side jobs. Now I have the opportunity to rent a building for cheap on the main drag or town and I'm scared, stuck whether I should do it or not. I haven't worked for a tiny shop before so all my knowledge has come from this site and I got the training DVDs from Stan. So in would appreciate a little feedback or what I should do or expect. Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Ziapro

I can only speak from my experience, which my story is pretty similar to yours. I did however tint full-time out of my home garage for three years, prior to I did three years part time out of home. I've just recently moved into a shop and have had great success with it so far. I can definitely tell an increase in business, and I wouldn't change what I have now for anything. That being said everybody's situation is different, so kind of depends on the whole Spectrum. You have to factor in a lot of things besides just your rent. There comes a lot of expenses with getting a shop opened up that you don't even realize beforehand. It's a lot of hard work and if you think you'll just work 9 to 5 you'll be sadly mistaken. It's a constant struggle to balance everything between paying bills, tinting windows, and of course the main thing getting customers in the door. That being said if there are no other legit shops in town I don't think it would be a bad idea. And oddly enough as I was typing all this out I had a call from a local service center right down the road from my new shop that they saw my sign and now I'm giving them a quote haha.

Definitely a lot more to running business than renting a building and knowing how to tint. If you aren't ready to go at it with your guns loaded, I say take a step back and reevaluate your situation. Don't feel rushed into it because of the rental opportunity. Aside from your 3 years of part time experience from your garage, there is much to learn about the business and tinting cars itself, and I think in a small town you probably only have one chance to do it right. 

I think one of the bigger things you need to also ask yourself is are you financially able to do this? start-up costs, and making sure that you have extra money on hand because it might be a slow start.