File or olfa knife for shave?

Always have shaved with a blade, never tried a file. My preference is a flat stainless blade although I will periodically use the olfa. As far as doing it wet or heating it up to dry it just depends on how well the film is tacking up. If I'm having issues getting it while it's wet I'll hit it with some heat.

Never really seen the need to do either, always just a nice even micro edge. I have also never actually seen a shaved or filed job that looked worth a crap either. I’d actually like to learn to file from someone who is good at it. All the file jobs I’ve seen have a fair amount of trash along the top edge. 

19 minutes ago, quality tintz said:

Thanks man helps alot im gonna keep on practicing a lot !!! Any tips are appreciated!!!!!

That's the best thing you can do with any of it, no replacement for hands on experience in this business. Keep trying new techniques and learn what works best for you but don't be afraid to try something new or different. You'll find especially if you're doing it wet that it can get away from you quick if you're not paying attention to what the film is doing and you can trash it, but that's how you learn.

15 minutes ago, Super Dave said:

Never really seen the need to do either, always just a nice even micro edge. I have also never actually seen a shaved or filed job that looked worth a crap either. I’d actually like to learn to file from someone who is good at it. All the file jobs I’ve seen have a fair amount of trash along the top edge. 

Having the top edge locked down before shaving will prevent that. I use it for frameless windows or when I get a plotter pattern that doesn't have an acceptable fit up top (particularly common on replacement glass) you just bump the pattern up a little bit and shave away. Same thing if I'm hand cutting, if I don't get that perfect micro edge from my initial cut but the rest of it is good then no biggie just bump and shave. I see it as just another tool in the box and you can never have too many in my opinion. 

31 minutes ago, highplains said:

Having the top edge locked down before shaving will prevent that. I use it for frameless windows or when I get a plotter pattern that doesn't have an acceptable fit up top (particularly common on replacement glass) you just bump the pattern up a little bit and shave away. Same thing if I'm hand cutting, if I don't get that perfect micro edge from my initial cut but the rest of it is good then no biggie just bump and shave. I see it as just another tool in the box and you can never have too many in my opinion. 

Nice can u do a video i wanna learn from somebody that knows what they are doing ...