Last one to post #860

Afternoon everyone 

On the shop supply charge conversation that's something that I've been going rounds on with my boss. I'm of the opinion that you should be accounting for your consumables in your material markup. I have a number of wholesale accounts that were getting upset because they were being quoted a price for their PPF/Tint service and then seeing higher charges on their invoices because of shop supplies being added in on the back side.

1 minute ago, DynamicATL said:

Absolutely, it is just to sneak more money out of people.  Even at say $15, you do 100 installs...that is $1500 extra profit.

I agree and in my conversation with him he seems to think that my customers should be subsidizing the rest of the service department through the shop supply charge. I finally got him to disable it for now, it was ridiculous they didn't have any cap set for it so a substantial PPF job I did the other day had nearly $60 worth of shop supplies added onto it before I caught it and pulled it off. The last shop I worked at that added shop supplies at least capped it at $19 after a certain dollar amount. 

I got a 97 Jeep Cherokee 4door on the books for Tuesday.   :hide 

one of these days I’m gonna figure out who puts this crap on my schedule. :bat