Repairing scratched dot matrix ?

And yes the path finder rear hatch edges with braided defrosters as well as others. I have tried everything over the years and a friend of mine that is a glazing contractor for a yacht club turned me into it about 5 years ago and I never looked back.

On 6/2/2018 at 12:37 PM, drtint said:

4CF2030C-8770-4D32-9836-9D7782E1BCC2.jpeg

This is the best stuff i have found also. It goes a long way and it wasn't used often, so get the small bottle 100ml not the 250ml. Mine started to harden in the container. It's not cheap so you don't want that to happen.

2 hours ago, Jake said:

This is the best stuff i have found also. It goes a long way and it wasn't used often, so get the small bottle 100ml not the 250ml. Mine started to harden in the container. It's not cheap so you don't want that to happen.

That’s right Jake. I store them in refrigerator because a hot environment will make it hard and once open it starts to evaporate. 

Cheers

2 hours ago, Jake said:

That I don't really know. Havent had to do it.

Does not affect removals. It is not intended for film to go over, it is intended for blacking out and the film is lower than that. When you cut or use a plotter for your pattern, it gives you an option like on 2 dr civic accords, to cut the pattern for the glass and a separate option to include the fritt area. You cut only the glass area and use this for a permanent blackout that looks natural and pleasing to the customers. If you have any questions as to the best way to use it, let me know not a problem.

cheers

On 6-6-2018 at 12:10 AM, drtint said:

Does not affect removals. It is not intended for film to go over, it is intended for blacking out and the film is lower than that. When you cut or use a plotter for your pattern, it gives you an option like on 2 dr civic accords, to cut the pattern for the glass and a separate option to include the fritt area. You cut only the glass area and use this for a permanent blackout that looks natural and pleasing to the customers. If you have any questions as to the best way to use it, let me know not a problem.

cheers

Hi there, this could be an excellent solution to the wide fritt dotmatrix areas but how do you make it without gap? You tint first as normal except for the fritt area, then when tint dried a bit, you mask the tint starting at the very edge? 

Do you remove masking a.s.a.p or when the sika dried completely?

Regards,

On 6/13/2018 at 12:31 PM, langeveld024 said:

Hi there, this could be an excellent solution to the wide fritt dotmatrix areas but how do you make it without gap? You tint first as normal except for the fritt area, then when tint dried a bit, you mask the tint starting at the very edge? 

Do you remove masking a.s.a.p or when the sika dried completely?

Regards,

Tape the area off you want blacked out. All around the fritt. Cover rear deck with trash bag and old towel (because this stuff is thinner than alcohol and you don’t want a dip issue). Use you application dobber or those cheap small stain foam brush and wipe it across the area, that’s it. Dries right away and edge o film will overlap it as it does the fritt down the sides and bottom 

22 hours ago, drtint said:

Tape the area off you want blacked out. All around the fritt. Cover rear deck with trash bag and old towel (because this stuff is thinner than alcohol and you don’t want a dip issue). Use you application dobber or those cheap small stain foam brush and wipe it across the area, that’s it. Dries right away and edge o film will overlap it as it does the fritt down the sides and bottom 

Thank you for your reply. So you tint before or after the blackout? Could u attach a close up pic anytime?

Tape the clear part of the glass about 1/8” inch below the fritt. Apply application as I mentioned earlier. Let dry a few minutes. Remove tape. Cut you patter on outside of window as normal and as though there is no clear glass to cover on that top blacked out area. Just like when you cut the sides, you only cut right outside the clear glass edge so you know when you install there is no light gap. Don’t have any pictures.