suntekfilms
tintwiz.com
3M
spacer
Sign in to follow this  
D34

Quick story need advice

On 6/5/2018 at 2:04 AM, D34 said:

I have decide to not purse window tinting as a career.  I will continue tinting on the side to finish up the rolls I have and then I will concentrate my energies elsewhere.  I will be applying for a maintenance position for the city and if I am not chosen I will look for something similar.  Yes it's a shame, window tinting is not an easy skill to learn and I was there I had it, the contamination the shrinking everything I struggled and I improved and I got to a point where I can say I did good work.  But for where I am at right now and where I want to get to, window tinting will not be in my plans.  @jh812 you are right, it's best to be versatile and learn all techniques not only in this industry but on any, its the only way to become the best at what we do.  I worry too much about having the car ready when I said I would and that's stupid because I know I can take stuff apart I do it with my personal vehicles all the time I take them apart and I figure it out and I know I can.  I just worry too much about freaking people.  @Tint Slayer I appreciate your words because everything you said is 100% true.  I have printed your post and will be putting it up on the wall in front of my desk as a reminder of this opportunity that I let pass by but also as a reminder to grab on to my balls next time I am doubting myself on anything.  I do plan on succeeding I just have to look for opportunities and work my ass off doing something else.  Everybody else thank you for your advice this forum is great this post and your replies really helped me see where I am at and what I want to do.  I know you were all rooting for me and I have let you all down but don't worry even my close friends told me that I am stupid and I should keep the job but I am not stupid and I know I won't regret this decision, it just feels right.  

Come back and give us an update when you get a chance, hope all goes well.

Having peace of mind is a valuable thing. When I starting tinting I was either too hard headed, stupid, or crazy to let it beat me. I’m glad i stayed persistent, but 12 years later I don’t know if I would have had the same determination if I started tinting today. Kinda like golf, I enjoy it but I would never try to learn today if I didn’t have a long history with it.

On 6/5/2018 at 7:40 AM, Roach said:

I've thought about, planned, and got everything ready to start a side hustle..... and after all that, I (think) I've decided to scrap it all.

@D34 I will also add this -  By no fault of my own, I got hurt the other day. If things are worse then I'm hoping, I'll use what I was planning on doing since I won't be able to tint.

My point - it's always good to have a fall-back plan. So even if you don't pursue the tinting, I would try and do what you could to keep learning a bit here and there about it, practice here and there, etc. If not tinting, then something else you can make $$ doing, because you never know how life might change in an instant and you'll need to change gears. :twocents

2 hours ago, Roach said:

@D34 I will also add this -  By no fault of my own, I got hurt the other day. If things are worse then I'm hoping, I'll use what I was planning on doing since I won't be able to tint.

My point - it's always good to have a fall-back plan. So even if you don't pursue the tinting, I would try and do what you could to keep learning a bit here and there about it, practice here and there, etc. If not tinting, then something else you can make $$ doing, because you never know how life might change in an instant and you'll need to change gears. :twocents

Man thats the truth......

On 6/6/2018 at 7:30 AM, wade_660 said:

Having peace of mind is a valuable thing. When I starting tinting I was either too hard headed, stupid, or crazy to let it beat me. I’m glad i stayed persistent, but 12 years later I don’t know if I would have had the same determination if I started tinting today. Kinda like golf, I enjoy it but I would never try to learn today if I didn’t have a long history with it.

Yea the way I look at it is that if Im not happy doing it then why would I force myself to do it?  Currently Im not tied to anything or anyone so Im glad and Im lucky to be able to explore other options. 

9 hours ago, Roach said:

This is great advice. I thought a lot about the fact that I dont want to lose the skill for the same reason you're pointing out. I will definetly keep this in mind in the coming months as I work and learn a different industry.