Best tools for back glass

On 6/5/2018 at 1:15 PM, jh812 said:

:lol that right there my friend is the cheapest best tool for cleaning the bottom of back glasses. 2 dollars each last forever and are customizable, just cut it to what you like. Y'all keep that reach and Titan I'll take these :spit

http://44tools.com/installation-tools/rear-window-reach/12-white-w-black-edge/

I ordered a couple, want to make the one like you did for back glass. Was also thinking of cutting a small 2" piece for cleaning small glass. You use it for both cleaning and install?

On 6/14/2018 at 12:14 PM, Apex Tint said:

Yeah the black rubber on these works pretty good for both prep and install. If you have extra cut one into a triangle shape. I’m loving mine for roll up windows. It works way better than the Tri Edge plus, and is more low profile than the conquerer.

On 6/14/2018 at 3:42 PM, jh812 said:

I use it now for prep and going down the sides during install works really freaking good if you ask me. 

Got 2 pieces 12" long, trying to figure best way to cut them up, does the rubber stay attached well?

I’ve noticed the black rubber part seems to stay attached longer if I cut it straight down at the tip. Instead of following the angle I cut the white part. So I’m still cutting it like a triangle, but I kind of square off the end. Let’s me get a bit more pressure at the thin end

9 hours ago, Super Dave said:

I’ve noticed the black rubber part seems to stay attached longer if I cut it straight down at the tip. Instead of following the angle I cut the white part. So I’m still cutting it like a triangle, but I kind of square off the end. Let’s me get a bit more pressure at the thin end

That's how i was going to cut it, trying to just cut the plastic and not the rubber and leave the rubber end how it was. But does the pointy end of the rubber round out after use? Obviously i have to play around with them a bit. Was looking at Jim's photo, i'm wondering if leaving it square like how we'll say will wear the rubber down and the plastic will scratch - 

image.png.dc112570dc6e114817dd7b291b662ca6.png

The answer to your question also depends on how you prepare the glass. I’ve used and still maybe use the tools describe here, but I’ve been using one set of tools for the rear window for the last 4 years and I’ve had great success with them. Believe it or not I use paper towels to clean and prep back windows with a titan and not any other squeegee, once I install the film I use a red and blue blade godoctor then use a yellow Triedge wrapped in a paper towel to seal the edges

11 hours ago, Tint Slayer said:

Bought 2 of the 12" pieces, in the pic made one of the top and 2 of the bottom. Did a back glass with both, the top one did better at the very bottom of glass than my Stroke Doctor, Side Swiper and Red Titan. The bottom one is exceptional on side glass. Good tip @jh812 !

36265010_10155531091015592_6403387456233668608_n.jpg.e0798f1461f4db185201a07ef7aaa0b7.jpg

Ooh I like that top one as well. The bottom l would cut the angle on the other side also vs the flat. I had one exactly like that and always seemed to hit the panel.