Got hustle on Yelp

4 hours ago, jh812 said:

Honestly looks like a common case of something you should've went over with the customer. All of my customers that ask different numbers questions I explain there's a difference between actual film vlt and install vlt. Realistically I'm not familiar with 3m at all I can tell you though that a film that meters 35 out of box is not going to meter 32 installed. 32 is common with a film that meters 40 to 41 on vehicle. a true 35 film is going to be in the mid to lower 20 range from my experience. 

:yeah I install a ton of the FX Premium 35 which according to 3M is supposed to be 41 out of the box but in my experience it meters 37-38 and I consistently see it at 28 +/-1% installed. I agree that you should probably respond and explain the off the roll vs. installed vlt and also how the starting vlt of the glass will affect the net installed measurement. 

I wouldn’t worry too much about that review. You’re always going to have that one out of a 1000 that’s never going to be happy. Reviews about pricing is subjective. Look on the Brightside he only has one review and no friends on yelp. It will mostly likely get filtered and not even effect your overall score. 🍻

I have personally experienced this so I have to reach out to Midtown to know not to sweat the petty stuff but pet the sweaty stuff.

there was a group of people behind me in ihop (3 girls 2 boys) talking about (one girl didn’t like the service she got from a local oil change spot... said something about they didn’t tell her about her flat tire ( she went there for an oil change) and I listened to all them conspire about leaving a bad review...these people are called yelpers. If I relied on yelp when I order pizza ( from a personal friend that owns Russo’s pizza for over 60 yrs) I wouldn’t order pizza. If you have a straight 5 star on Facebook, Twitter, google or yelp, I would be skeptical. You know you can’t please (even with 500 great reviews) every customer. The customer isn’t always right...regardless of the carnel mind. We all know as professional installers of our trade that this is the case. Don’t sweat it. 

Yeah, i would worry much. As long as your 4+ stars you’re good IMO. Bad reviews where you obviously screwed them over are what could hurt you. Reviews saying you refused to fix something, or the install had “bubbles” in it are ones you definitely dont want.