How many times have you "quit"

How many times have you almost threw in the towel on tinting or what certain situations have made you want to quit doing it? I haven't touched anything in 2 months because it was kicking my ass so bad. I was actually getting pretty damn good at it! but the simplest car would take me 8 hours to complete. I just cannot get faster at it.... I've tried nailing down an exact routine like people say. got pretty fast at doing things like shrinking roll ups and what not.... Yet still struggle. I personally struggle with getting stressed out and worked up but even on good days took forever. What almost made you guys quit? how long until you started getting faster?

I just became an electrical apprentice so tinting will prob never be full time for me. But its been a bad ass good money making side hustle I'd rather not give up. Our "professional" shop in town is so horrible I get their old customers all the time because they've heard of my work. But is it worth it if it stresses you to the max and takes all day when I should be spending time with my family instead?

Sorry to rant but who else has been here? I'm assuming almost everyone.

I think that's my whole problem... I get to stressed out trying to move fast and it just doesn't work out for me. I just see guys complain about it take 4 hours to do a car and im over here taking almost 8 on every car. 

I try and do everything in steps and in line.

get all the film on the vehicle, cut it all, shrink it all, then ill lay everything on my board then pop panels, clean glass, then do my installs but it either takes forever or something happens. Light gaps, creases.... I just run into stupid things non stop. dog hair or something else. some sort of learning curve struggle. Also I've tried to get more organized but still find myself looking for misplaced tools or running laps around the car for whatever reason.

I've been there several times. I can tell you if it's something you'll never go full time with it ain't worth it. Just get trained up in your stuff and work a little overtime. It's not worth it if you don't do it on the regular honestly. You'll never make the money you want and realize chit I can work 8 or 12 hours overtime and not have this headache. So I would do whatever on the side until I got trained. That being said I was in your shoes never imagined this but I'm full time now with a shop and potentially hiring an employee. So you have to decide what's right for you.

Man, somebody on here said don't chase the money, let the money chase you. I've spent a lot of time doing shit the hard way, search the car on here before you take it in. Listen to music while you work religiously, if I'm struggling I play blues or if I'm running I play megadeth or something that gets me moving. It's getting hot, :money temperature, temper, need for more soap in the bottle are all on the up. Quit in the wintertime..

3 hours ago, TQtinting said:

How many times have you almost threw in the towel on tinting or what certain situations have made you want to quit doing it? I haven't touched anything in 2 months because it was kicking my ass so bad. I was actually getting pretty damn good at it! but the simplest car would take me 8 hours to complete. I just cannot get faster at it.... I've tried nailing down an exact routine like people say. got pretty fast at doing things like shrinking roll ups and what not.... Yet still struggle. I personally struggle with getting stressed out and worked up but even on good days took forever. What almost made you guys quit? how long until you started getting faster?

I just became an electrical apprentice so tinting will prob never be full time for me. But its been a bad ass good money making side hustle I'd rather not give up. Our "professional" shop in town is so horrible I get their old customers all the time because they've heard of my work. But is it worth it if it stresses you to the max and takes all day when I should be spending time with my family instead?

Sorry to rant but who else has been here? I'm assuming almost everyone.

Im a old school tinter these new cars have tight gaskets on some ...that almost made me quit then i got on here and YouTube and networked with others that help me alot..pulling seals and panels on some of these cars is a must saves stress..

It’s hard for me to imagine being a completely self taught window tinter. It’s hard to know how long certain steps should take,and what they look like when done properly, if you’ve never worked alongside a professional. @jh812 is right about either tint full time or not at all. I know I was pretty rusty after taking a sales  position with a dealership, (1 1/2 yr) and that was after 12+yrs installing. 

Good luck to you, sir

PS- I almost quit every day