Cutting in DAP.

I put this here because I didn't see a DAP section in the plotter threads. When I am cutting in DAP, and say I cut some windows or PPF, then I want to cut more off the same roll that's already loaded in the plotter, if I don't hit origin the film will suck out of the back of the plotter. I know its not a plotter setting because non of my other programs do it. I called Xpel an the guy said that's just they way it is. Has anyone found away around this? I know hitting 1 button is not a big deal, but when it is forgotten it eats our cut strip. Using a DGI plotter.

20 hours ago, Jake said:

I put this here because I didn't see a DAP section in the plotter threads. When I am cutting in DAP, and say I cut some windows or PPF, then I want to cut more off the same roll that's already loaded in the plotter, if I don't hit origin the film will suck out of the back of the plotter. I know its not a plotter setting because non of my other programs do it. I called Xpel an the guy said that's just they way it is. Has anyone found away around this? I know hitting 1 button is not a big deal, but when it is forgotten it eats our cut strip. Using a DGI plotter.

How you liking that DAP?

3 minutes ago, Tint Slayer said:

How you liking that DAP?

The PPF patterns are second to none. The tint patterns are the best I've used also as long as they are in the last few model years. The older tint patterns are hit and miss. I believe they must have just been purchased and loaded in from another company to fill back log. The software is a bit constraint on manipulating and altering patterns.

It works. Its very clunky but gets the job done. By that I mean its not a program thats smooth with a clean cutter interface like the others I have used. They have some great features built in though. With access to the proform patterns as well its tough to beat the fitment and options. The several tint patterns I tried are junk and didn't fit. Must be why they are free.

Edited by jonnywalter

Like Jake said, I think for older vehicles they might buy patterns which put them on the same level as others being a hit or miss.  Newer vehicles they are making the pattern in-house.  I tried close to 10 newer vehicles and the fit was 100%.  This includes the Tesla S, BMW M's, Porsche 911's, etc.