Formula 1 Stratus 70 vs AB80 for windshield?

Has anyone used F1 Stratos 70 for a windshield, and if so, how does it compare to AB80?

The specs are all better, especially the IR reduction, but wondering if there are any optic issues, Day or night?

I have a windshield medical waiver so can do either one; am thinking of doing Stratos 15 all the way around Audi A7, w Stratos 70 on windshield.

Thoughts?

i've used quite a bit of the stratos 70 on full vehicles. i also did a windshield yesterday with it. I will try to post photos when i can. A little busy today. 

The 70 does outperform the 80 by a long shot. the 70 also has a real nice blue hue like the 80 does.

Here are some photos with stratos 70 and air80 so u get a good idea of how it looks, overall performance i would say the 70 is much much better, if you plan to keep the car for a long time then its worth it. if not then just get the 80IMG_20180612_2303253.jpg

Above will be a ford focus with stratos70

IMG_20180503_1327215.jpg

Genesis g70 with stratos70

IMG_20180503_1307432.jpg

Genesis g70 without tint on windshield

IMG_20180422_1543368.jpg

Stratos15 on all sides and rear of same g70 (this is what your car will look like)

IMG_20180508_1806326.jpg

Stratos 70 on all sides and rear windows of m2

IMG_20180508_1806542.jpg

Air80 on front windshield of m2

IMG_20180524_1246367.jpg

Air80 on all windows of golf

Edited by blackoutauto

Thanks @blackoutauto that was exactly what I needed!  IR resistance on 70 meters way better, and it looks great all around on G70.

Would you be worried about the low angle haze on an A7 mentioned above, or would both products be similar in that regard?

What would be your price difference for windshield only on 70 vs AB80?

@blackoutauto have you had any negative feedback on those with the Stratos 70 on the windshield?

I am waiting to get install as nano clear coat is curing, so have a month to decide; I am leaning towards the 70, but want to make sure people are not experiencing any significant low angle haze (I have not read of any low angle issues with the AB80).

Thanks!

52 minutes ago, Bolts38 said:

@blackoutauto have you had any negative feedback on those with the Stratos 70 on the windshield?

I am waiting to get install as nano clear coat is curing, so have a month to decide; I am leaning towards the 70, but want to make sure people are not experiencing any significant low angle haze (I have not read of any low angle issues with the AB80).

Thanks!

AIR 80 has a touch...all window films do along with your stock glass.  Some people pick up on this more than others.  Plus it depends how the glass is angled and how the sun is hitting it.  So say you normally go to work at 10am and never seen an issue, then decide to go at 8am and it hits you because of how the sun is positioned.

Edited by DynamicATL