We do not tint the Tesla 3 models...too much time and not worth it to us.  We do 10-20 Tesla S models monthly and they are the easiest customers to work with for us.  I think the problem with the Model 3 owners is the car is cheap, so it attracts people that want to say they own a Tesla but can't afford a nicer S/X.  This means extra picky people that want premium product for a low price.

1 hour ago, DynamicATL said:

We do not tint the Tesla 3 models...too much time and not worth it to us.  We do 10-20 Tesla S models monthly and they are the easiest customers to work with for us.  I think the problem with the Model 3 owners is the car is cheap, so it attracts people that want to say they own a Tesla but can't afford a nicer S/X.  This means extra picky people that want premium product for a low price.

52 minutes ago, pbalentine said:

Whats hard about the 3??? Doesnt look that bad, but havnt done one.  The S is very, ver easy and X isnt too bad, just gotta deal with how those rear doors open. 

38 minutes ago, no ma'am said:

Back glass is stupid tall, and windshield is a landmine waiting for you to step on with electrical problems :thumb 

I got one in today and the custy was picky as shit....they opted to get half the rear window done.....we had a defective CR 20 I got to practice with the shrink wasn't to bad...but the custy ended up getting color stable 20

Edited by Jkatfelix

Anyone doing the windshield need to pay close attention to the electronics. There is actually a circuit board that will fry if you let water drain down there.  Make sure you use a microfiber rope.

So it’s a 50/50 for me on Tesla customers. They are either super easy or complete PITA. (Feel the need to show you how to operate the car like you’ve never seen one before)  Model 3 isn’t all that bad. Back glass is easier than it looks, and if you do the windshield, be sure to pull the pillars off. Then cover the area well. There is a molex plug in each side that is facing upward to catch and hold water. 

11 hours ago, DynamicATL said:

I think you should rethink not doing the Model 3. After getting the first couple under my belt, I love the money from them now. I know you do a lot of Crystalline so I would say  just don't do them in that. If I remember correct you are also Lulu dealer? Use CTX on them. They really are not bad at all.I just ordered 60"x25' of 35% and 20% for the back glass. I am however staying away from the windshields. I do think you are spot on with the model 3 customer assessment though.

1 hour ago, Jake said:

I think you should rethink not doing the Model 3. After getting the first couple under my belt, I love the money from them now. I know you do a lot of Crystalline so I would say  just don't do them in that. If I remember correct you are also Lulu dealer? Use CTX on them. They really are not bad at all.I just ordered 60"x25' of 35% and 20% for the back glass. I am however staying away from the windshields. I do think you are spot on with the model 3 customer assessment though.

It is just the time it can take...I would have to charge $1000 to make up for the 2-3 vehicles we could be tinting in that time frame.  Plus everyone that has contacted me (probably 6-8) all wanted Crystalline which I would have to go higher.  

12 hours ago, DynamicATL said:

It is just the time it can take...I would have to charge $1000 to make up for the 2-3 vehicles we could be tinting in that time frame.  Plus everyone that has contacted me (probably 6-8) all wanted Crystalline which I would have to go higher.  

The owner said fuck it....no Teslas! We're gonna pass on them....sucks cause I wanted to try a full crystalline install to see if I could do it