Calculating final tint after tinting over factory tint

Thanks ET

I also read that factory tint does not block UV or IR so adding ANY "good" tint should help with both of those?

BTW, FWIW, I order DIY precut tint from LEXEN123 and TINT-PRO (both ebay sellers).

Ever heard of them?  Is the tint I'm getting from them pretty good stuff?

8 minutes ago, HardyHarHar said:

Thanks ET

I also read that factory tint does not block UV or IR so adding ANY "good" tint should help with both of those?

BTW, FWIW, I order DIY precut tint from LEXEN123 and TINT-PRO (both ebay sellers).

Ever heard of them?  Is the tint I'm getting from them pretty good stuff?

I’ve always wondered, how you could be sure to get what you pay for on something like this? Unless, you are very familiar with the particular brand of film. Whenever the film come in, post a picture of the film, packaging etc. , if you don’t mind. Just curious.

1 hour ago, Super Dave said:

I’ve always wondered, how you could be sure to get what you pay for on something like this? Unless, you are very familiar with the particular brand of film. Whenever the film come in, post a picture of the film, packaging etc. , if you don’t mind. Just curious.

I can't be sure.  I just trust.  I go by their feedback.

So far, it "seems" to be good enough.   They claim it won't fade and that it's 2 ply.

The feel of it definitely is not that cheap ultra thin one ply stuff.

They also say it will not "purple or fade"

Long ago I sold Luminar tints wholesale by the 100ft roll.

The stuff I'm getting from these ebay sellers seems of similar quality.

Who knows, maybe they're buying those same 100ft rolls and cutting it and selling it in their pre-cut kits?

From both of the above mentioned ebay sellers, the pre-cut  fit was SUPER precise.  Spot on every time.

I've never had to do ANY trimming at all.

That said, I don't know how long the tint will actually last or what (if any) IR protection I will get.

Time will tell.   But I can say the tint went on well, seems to be of good quality and looks great.

The price is ultra affordable.  $25.00 for an entire vehicle.  $12.00 for the two fronts alone.

FREE shipping.

Let me add, I just removed the previous tint that had been on the windows for 7 years from the same ebay seller I believe.

it came off with no problems.   Not one bit of glue stuck to the glass.  I used a heat gun and heated the tint and it pulled off

wonderfully clean and easy.   as far as fading, I would say that it did fade after 7 years but did NOT "purple" at all.

it has proven to be HIGHLY scratch resistant.

My experience with these ebay tint kits has been excellent (so far) and I'm pretty darn good (for a novice) at applying it I would say.

Only an occasional hair and usually perfect otherwise with no bubbles, lifts or creases....and believe it or not, the only "tool" I have when I install is a credit card.

I'm just really careful and take my time.  I do want to get a BlueMax or an Orange crush tho to see if I could do better.

That said, I'm pretty sure it's not top tier quality tint (because I don't have enough experience to know the diff) and some people will likely chime in to tell me it's garbage tint.  It "could" be Luminar tint for all I know.

But again, it's worked well for me for 7 years so what can I say?

Edited by HardyHarHar

1 hour ago, Ryker said:

They aren't selling llumar film for that price.  Film alone for a full car is higher than $25.

Btw most newer factory glass is blocking a lot of uv and a good chunk of heat as well. 

Really?

Everything I've read until your post said otherwise.  I'm really glad to hear that.   But then, my car isn't "newer" so it probably doesn't block UV or IR.