Glue smudges on rear window with dawn and tint slime?

3 hours ago, Super Dave said:

Do they look like they are smeared in in the direction you are sliding the film? For instance, on a back window, it would smear downward when u mov the tint down to cover the bottom.

Yes exactly bro..sometimes they are big sometimes small but definitely from sliding....downwards

1 hour ago, pbalentine said:

Last week I started mixing baby shampoo & dawn 70/30.  Didnt work for shiat and actually made the tint tack faster.  This was my main problem when learning bottom loading, simply just not enough slip. 

What film are you working with? Somebody said use cold cold water???

Edited by quality tintz

I noticed that happens sometimes when I'm trying to push out fingers, water bubbles, etc. on  the back glass. Especially if the film has been on the car for lets say more than half an hour or you put a little heat on it. I assumed it was trapped air from around the defroster lines being dragged through drying adhesive. That is if we are talking about the same glue smudges here. 

9 minutes ago, CaliTINT said:

I noticed that happens sometimes when I'm trying to push out fingers, water bubbles, etc. on  the back glass. Especially if the film has been on the car for lets say more than half an hour or you put a little heat on it. I assumed it was trapped air from around the defroster lines being dragged through drying adhesive. That is if we are talking about the same glue smudges here. 

These are from sliding it in place but i have noticed those too..around the fingers so i try to get them rite away!!! These are wierd like adhesive sticks when sliding in place?????

@quality tintz

So I’ve had this happen several times, but it’s been when changing (shops/new job). Basically,  not being used to the particular film they use. I’ve always called this tearing the glue. Not sure if that is the correct terminology? I’ve even gotten them from squeegee too hard or slapping the film over a bit on a door glass. Usually get it figured out quick, by adjusting the slip accordingly. Although, I have run across a couple of films that just do easier than others.