Any good installers in San Diego?

I need recommendations. We have 3M tint already on every window. It is about 12 years old now and all of our carpets are bleached. We are installing hardwood and want to get new darker tint. It just kills me since we already paid to have this done in our entire house already. How can I find a reasonable installer? What do you guys recommend as far as tint to avoid bleaching my new wood floors? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

14 minutes ago, SanDiego said:

I need recommendations. We have 3M tint already on every window. It is about 12 years old now and all of our carpets are bleached. We are installing hardwood and want to get new darker tint. It just kills me since we already paid to have this done in our entire house already. How can I find a reasonable installer? What do you guys recommend as far as tint to avoid bleaching my new wood floors? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

What percentage did you do before? Also keep in mind even the darkest of films you will eventually have some fade but the darker the better imo. Of course you want to weigh the pros and cons to find a happy medium. As far as finding a good installer your best bet is do a Google search of your area and see who has the best reviews. Maybe get a couple different quotes and go with the one you feel the most comfortable with :twocents

39 minutes ago, SanDiego said:

That is a good question as far as the darkness. Honestly when the sun is beating in it looks like we have no film on the windows... how dark would you recommend for fade protection?

You probably have something in the 40 or lighter percentages. Imo 25 or 15 is you have a good amount of sunlight coming in will have the highest benefits. 

Some shops say the UV Protection will prevent the interior from fading, but that is only part of the cause.  Visible Light is the other cause, so if you go with a lighter shade on the film it will happen.  So darker the better in the 15/25 range will help with that.

Agreed with the others... 25%-30% VLT.

The trade-off of having a lighter film is less protection. You gotta balance out what you are ok with aesthetically with  the functionality of the chosen film.

A lot of shops imply that as long as you block the UV you'll be good - but that is just not true at all.  Another thing to keep in mind is what type of wood you're going to have... what color carpet, sofas, etc. Some colors and types of wood fade faster then others. :twocents

I recommend a metalized film if you really want to keep out heat . The more reflective it is the more heat it will keep out , but there is a trade off there because reflective film reverses at night , meaning you can’t see out and everyone else can see in. I like to use solargard stainless steel for homes and offices, but there are a wide variety of choices . I’m also in San Diego ! Best thing to do is get a look at a sample book of the tints a company has for residential and see what you like !