To be 3M certified or not

14 hours ago, DynamicATL said:

It is also going to be the worst film to train on since it is more difficult and more expensive.  There are plenty of dealers that have been tinting for years that still can't install 3M's higher performing films.  Also when trying different films, different techniques/tools are needed.  So if you get "Certified" on one, you might have to completely switch it up on another brand.

Just curious, what other brand films are easier to install?

I'm also looking for a training and don't want to purchase films that are difficult to install.

1 minute ago, locus said:

Just curious, what other brand films are easier to install?

I'm also looking for a training and don't want to purchase films that are difficult to install.

Your best route will be Express, Global, or SolarFX.  All solid films that are not hard to install and won't hurt the bank.  They are great films to start with and many tinters stick with them.

3 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:

Your best route will be Express, Global, or SolarFX.  All solid films that are not hard to install and won't hurt the bank.  They are great films to start with and many tinters stick with them.

Thank you for your info.

I'm also considering a tint business and looking for training and I found both 3M and XPEL offer training so I thought about getting their films and their training.
I'll look for training on those brands you recommended. By any chance you know training info on those brands? Thank you in advance

2 minutes ago, locus said:

Thank you for your info.

I'm also considering a tint business and looking for training and I found both 3M and XPEL offer training so I thought about getting their films and their training.
I'll look for training on those brands you recommended. By any chance you know training info on those brands? Thank you in advance

I don't think any training there, but XPEL is suppose to be a solid window film too.  I have been wanting to try it, just no chance yet.  Of coarse they are regarded as best of the best in the PPF ring.

I don't think any training there, but XPEL is suppose to be a solid window film too.  I have been wanting to try it, just no chance yet.  Of coarse they are regarded as best of the best in the PPF ring.

Got some Xpel XR, and CS black samples in last week. The XR black has a good color and feel to it

23 hours ago, Tintmaster08 said:

Got some Xpel XR, and CS black samples in last week. The XR black has a good color and feel to it

Used some of the new stuff recently, XR Plus. Wanted to see if it would shrink well, as other films with high performance tend to be difficult to use on really curved back glasses. Used it for a Porsche Targa, no issues whatsoever. Pretty sure it took longer to take a part the trim on the b-glass than it did to shrink.

Edited by Super Dave
Added