How to best utilize a helper

When I have a helper I generally pull the vehicle in they soap up the back glass I cut it and start shrinking. As I'm doing that they pull seals and prep sides. I'll cut the passenger side and start installing those. Once I'm done with that back glass gets hung they prep and I install. Then work my way on to the driver's side. They install seals or panel on other side and begin touch up. 

On June 29, 2018 at 11:23 AM, jh812 said:

When I have a helper I generally pull the vehicle in they soap up the back glass I cut it and start shrinking. As I'm doing that they pull seals and prep sides. I'll cut the passenger side and start installing those. Once I'm done with that back glass gets hung they prep and I install. Then work my way on to the driver's side. They install seals or panel on other side and begin touch up. 

This looks like a good rhythm that works well, one question though; is there a specific reason you start on the passenger side?

I always start on the drivers side because I want it to be driest by the time I am done with the car. 

22 minutes ago, ErieTint said:

This looks like a good rhythm that works well, one question though; is there a specific reason you start on the passenger side?

I always start on the drivers side because I want it to be driest by the time I am done with the car. 

Not particularly but in my head I like to warm up with passenger side. So kinda gets me in the rhythm and when I get to the driver's side I know what to expect as far as laying the film. Also the way my peel boards are setup I hang the back glass on the passenger side one so makes sense to get those patterns out of the way first.

19 hours ago, quality tintz said:

I whip mine hard to keep him in line oh and he is white not black hahahahaha!!!! Keep them as a good cleaner doors ,door panels, drive cars in and out..when you get a rhythm down its great !!!

What does that statement mean? Didn’t know you had and you were deeply affected and felt the need to throw out some stupid shit like that. Don’t ask me for anymore advice or questions. We are all brothers and sisters and we all bleed red you idiot. Reflect, retract, and get on with your life. 

Cheers

Anyway, the bonus and responsibility of a good prepper is to pull the vehicle in, watch installer as to where they start or finish, stay behind the install and in front of the delivery which is as an installer you would lay the film and the prepper would learn your moves and pick up on the other responsibilities. Our prep guy pulls the vehicle in, opens all doors, cleans all glass from passenger side around. Installer installs from passenger side around and prepper cleans installed glass and parks vehicle and gets the next one.

they learn quick because in their mind they want to tint and be that guy. Our preppers touch up everything on the lot while we are installing the next one. They are valuable with high volume and workmanship. After 4-6 months of prepping we give them the responsibility of installing and see where they are. Makes life easy.

a good prepper with a set of hands and extra pair of eyeballs is invaluable.

20 hours ago, ErieTint said:

I also start on the Drivers side. Don't want to hit the wrong switch when I'm finishing up.:lol

Edited by OverLord