Windshield Protection

Hello, PPF installer here, new to the forums.

I'm looking for windshield protection products, can you list a couple for me please? Which is best in terms of quality and which represents the best value of money?

Thanks.

Check out EXO SHIELD. I'm currently testing it out. Had it on my vehicle for less than a year. It's holding up decent. Some wiper scratches and weathering are visible only under certain lighting conditions (like around dusk). It does the job but is super thick and hard to work with IMO

2 hours ago, CaliTINT said:

Check out EXO SHIELD. I'm currently testing it out. Had it on my vehicle for less than a year. It's holding up decent. Some wiper scratches and weathering are visible only under certain lighting conditions (like around dusk). It does the job but is super thick and hard to work with IMO

Apparently you can’t order any right now, (back order) no set time table on when you’ll be able to.

”a few weeks “ was what a friend that sells it told me. 

@WSC 

I do quite a bit of windshield protection, and you should be aware that it’s a steep learning curve! Even for an experienced tinter. All of the films I’ve worked with are 4 mil+ and shrinking can be pretty hard on cars that you wouldn’t think that it would. Also, being that it’s the windshield, customers inspect it to impossible standards. A spec of contamination that would be fine under regular window tint, looks awful under something 4ml thick. All that said, if you get good at them, it’s a money maker and customers seem to have a hard time finding places that offer it.

Clear-Plex and Bray are some other options 

Edited by Super Dave
Added names

19 hours ago, Super Dave said:

@WSC 

I do quite a bit of windshield protection, and you should be aware that it’s a steep learning curve! Even for an experienced tinter. All of the films I’ve worked with are 4 mil+ and shrinking can be pretty hard on cars that you wouldn’t think that it would. Also, being that it’s the windshield, customers inspect it to impossible standards. A spec of contamination that would be fine under regular window tint, looks awful under something 4ml thick. All that said, if you get good at them, it’s a money maker and customers seem to have a hard time finding places that offer it.

Clear-Plex and Bray are some other options 

I agree with super Dave on this one ! Windshield tinting is a whole new ballgame ! The tint is so thick , and much much more difficult to shape ! I shape windshield tint completely different from the way I shape tint for the rear window ! And there are some windshields you can’t tint with tint that thick ! The Porsche Panamera is a difficult one , and bmw mini ! The Nissan Rogue requires a 40 inch roll and is really difficult ! While most windshields can be done with a 36 inch roll ! And dealing with cleanliness and small creases , everything is more noticeable , every imperfection ! 

2 hours ago, Midtown Houston said:

They all will not last if it rain or snow alot...I have try them all...3 month max for Bray, clear plex and exp skin in Houston. Gave refund to almost all customer...they will sell to customer that track their vehicle.

I should have probably mentioned that I really only do the windshields on exotics, that rarely are in the elements. I always steer daily drivers away from doing it. 

1 hour ago, Super Dave said:

I should have probably mentioned that I really only do the windshields on exotics, that rarely are in the elements. I always steer daily drivers away from doing it. 

Make sense..

I ment to say...My company will sell it to customer that track their vehicle. 

I bought a "training roll" from EXO Shield which has imperfections. I have not yet purchased a production roll because I have not successfully been able to master and windshields yet lol. Well only tried 2-3 times, no luck. I did put it on my Wrangler which was super easy. So I'm thinking of mainly marketing this product to Wrangler owners in my area since the windshield is so prone to damage. 

I just ordered a roll from the bray group and i am really wishing i didnt, put it on a piece of glass to test dropped a few pebbles from standing and every single pebble put a hole in the film causing a bubble. I threw a small pebble overhand at it went throught the film and chipped the glass. Absolutely garbage! Anyone else hqve this issue with bray? Of course when i tell them my results they respond with well it does work. Smh