Glue smearing or tearing armolan and solar fx !

I thought i was the only one that saw this glue smearing or tearing problem mostly happens when bottom loading or sliding rear window in place. Love these two films but not this glue dawn and even tint slime cause this problem only time it dosent do it is with generic j and j not enough slide action for me in summer time though..???

Edited by quality tintz

37 minutes ago, Tint Slayer said:

You have pictures?

I will get some might be hard to see but i will get some .couple people on here have seen same thing they said put less soap...problem is no slide with less soap!!! Aggressive glue i guess like global qdp.....

Edited by quality tintz

I occasionally had that issue with Johnson films. Never did with SolarFX and def don’t with global... I always dropped tint slime tho. Only use fusion now which is baby shampoo with a lot of glycerin. Tint slime has some quality control issues. We received several gallons that had NO slip at all. Same color. Same smell. But was like installing with alcohol. 

3 hours ago, CnCCustoms said:

I occasionally had that issue with Johnson films. Never did with SolarFX and def don’t with global... I always dropped tint slime tho. Only use fusion now which is baby shampoo with a lot of glycerin. Tint slime has some quality control issues. We received several gallons that had NO slip at all. Same color. Same smell. But was like installing with alcohol. 

Wow thanks gonna try fusion next !!!

On 7/10/2018 at 7:02 AM, quality tintz said:

I thought i was the only one that saw this glue smearing or tearing problem mostly happens when bottom loading or sliding rear window in place. Love these two films but not this glue dawn and even tint slime cause this problem only time it dosent do it is with generic j and j not enough slide action for me in summer time though..???

Hi Quality Tintz,

If you are using a trigger sprayer, my instincts are telling me that it could be a build up of soap slime in the trigger nozzle of your sprayer.

During summer I'm sure you would be adding far more slip to your bottle. What can happen is the funnel at the end of the sprayer can become blocked with built up soap. Then as you spray, the build up is released in clumps out of the sprayer nozzle. This would appear to look like clear clumps of adhesive.

The films you mentioned contain aggressive adhesive, and compensating that, combined with the heat of summer means adding lots of slip. 

To test this theory, simply change sprayers or run some very hot water through your sprayer to clear out the parts.

Hope this helps.

9 minutes ago, Glass Tinting Supplies said:

Hi Quality Tintz,

If you are using a trigger sprayer, my instincts are telling me that it could be a build up of soap slime in the trigger nozzle of your sprayer.

During summer I'm sure you would be adding far more slip to your bottle. What can happen is the funnel at the end of the sprayer can become blocked with built up soap. Then as you spray, the build up is released in clumps out of the sprayer nozzle. This would appear to look like clear clumps of adhesive.

The films you mentioned contain aggressive adhesive, and compensating that, combined with the heat of summer means adding lots of slip. 

To test this theory, simply change sprayers or run some very hot water through your sprayer to clear out the parts.

Hope this helps.

Thanks bro...its not clumps of soap but maybe the clump of soap is distorting the glue thanks bro!!!