Opinions on Global films

I found a local person to install Global tint on my new Model 3 for a great price, I think it's QDP ceramic. I've tried looking around for some definitive reviews but have gotten mixed feelings. Some people are very content, others claim Global films turn purple. What I have seen are generally positive comments on 3M, and Llumar. How do Global films stack against 3M and Llumar? Would love to hear what the pros here have to say. 

Right now I am debating between Global for $260, or Llumar CTX for $400.

You cannot go wrong with global.  If you wanna spend double for CTX. That’s fine go ahead.... but at the price point global is the way to go!  I’ve installed dozens of brands over the years. And global for the most part out performs or at least contends with all

I love the Global I install everyday and have zero issues with it.  

For the price of $260 on a 3 Series, I would be making sure we are talking ceramic film and not regular QDP.  That price seems a little low for QDP-C.  Just sayin. :thumb 

$260 is pretty low for ceramic, which would keep me away from

that shop. Also, which ever shops says Global turns purple is total BS, so i wouldnt use them either.  I will never falsely bash a film if a customers asks my opinion.  Global is ‘one’ of the best films on the market for the money. In 10 years it always installs the same.  

I’ve had QDP on my Fusion for 6 years now in moderate sun exposure here in AZ with zero fading or color-change. For the money nothing beats it. 

14 minutes ago, wheetees said:

Thanks all. This is really helpful. Is there a way for me to tell easily which type of film it is?

Unfortunately no.  This is where the honesty of the shop comes into play. 

I have no problem showing my customer the box and proper labeling on said box and roll core to show that it is Ceramic.  

Seeing the product and packaging is really the only way to know, and even then you have to hope they aren’t switching the film at install.  

Edited by Bham

Prices for the Tesla 3 are too low I would tread with caution. As far a Global goes I’ve been using them since 2010 and have two warranty and it was from the same 30% roll that cured and peeled. Global replaced the roll and that was then end of that. I haven’t seen any case where it change color. For the price it nothing beats it. 3m color stable and up are good and so is Llumar.