F1 Stratos or Pinnacle or other

Hello,

I just bought a 2019 Honda Insight, not sure if tint places have the cut for this particular car which, in reality is just a hybrid civic but, wondering what tint to go with.

I am mainly interested in the Heat blocking capabilities and have been researching for a few weeks as I live in S. Florida and the sun is strong here. I have contacted a few locations and the ones that inspired the most confidence in me is a Tint World location that just opened not to long ago near my house and this other location called Tint King thats about 45 minute drive from me. 

Tint world seems to sell their own branded version of Suntek and with windshield of Air 80 it would come out to $490 total ($399 for all windows and ($99 for Air 80

Tint King sells F1 products that I can see and research more of so I have more trust in the brand, they sell both Pinnacle ($269 no WS) and Stratos ($399 no WS) along with the Air 80 for $149 or Stratos 70 for $199 for Windshield. I was thinking of doing Pinnacle windows and Stratos Windshield would come out to $485 pretty much on even with the Tint World pricing

Stratos seems to be the new product that's better at heat reduction than the pinnacle but only by few % on paper. I would like to know what would be the best outcome in terms of heat reduction that does not go passed $500.  

Is the Pinnacle that much different than the Stratos? Also the Air 80 vs the Stratos 70 for the shield?

I am also open to any other recommendations.

Thank you

The first rule in tinting, never go to Tint World.  :lol

Pinnacle and Stratos are both great choices.  Stratos is Pinnacle with a layer of AIR in it, so double the nano-Ceramic equaling more heat rejection.  IMO, I would go with Stratos all the way around for maximum heat rejection.  However, that just depends if you feel the price jump is worth it.  Pinnacle/AIR combo is also a good amount of rejection.

Just make sure you get all your warranty paperwork and receipt from the shop.  The South Florida sun is harsh, so depending on how long you plan on keeping the vehicle, the warranty may come in handy down the road.

Haha why is that? They were more helpful on the phone than 3-4 other tint shops?

Is it double the heat reduction? Of course I would like to go Stratos all the way around but the total cost is out of my budget, I have other accessories I want to implement. 

If the difference between the 2 is not that bad I would rather go with Pinnacle.

I think that the Pinnacle/Stratos combo would be good since most of the heat comes through the shield in my opinion. 

Yes I will be keeping the warranty paperwork and receipt in a zip lock bag to preserve the ink and keep it with my manuals/registration. All of the tint jobs I have had, bubbled up so far. That sun is too strong!

Lower quality window film and usually inexperienced window tinters.  The usual pay for tinters there is not that great, so attracts the bottom of the barrel.  This is not necessarily true of all locations since they are individually owned/operated, but seems to be true more often than not.  Plus they plotter cut their tint and the software they use is not the best.  So the patterns that are cut can have gaps.  They are usually rated in the low 4's on Google or less... a quick search of South Florida only one had a 4.7.

Doing Pinnacle will probably give you the desired outcome.  Our #1 sold film is CTX which is slightly lower performance than Pinnacle and people love it.

On 7/19/2018 at 3:03 PM, Data14 said:

Hello,

Is the Pinnacle that much different than the Stratos? Also the Air 80 vs the Stratos 70 for the shield?

I am also open to any other recommendations.

Thank you

If you are looking for the best value in heat reducing film then compare the TSER, never mind any other numbers and heat box display performances.

Many use heat box displays that cannot in any fashion represent the sun's energy, they are a smoke and mirror sales ploy (most especially those using a red french fry warming bulb). TSER accounts for all energy from the sun that transforms to heat once striking a surface; visible light (radiation), infrared light (radiation) and UV light (radiation).

I would choose Pinnacle on all but the windscreen and AIR 80 for the windscreen.😁

Edited by Tintguy1980