Recent tint done, quality issues

Thanks everyone for the help. I was nervous to post as I searched the forum and seen other posts where users complained about a couple dust spots. I was just taken aback by how many were in this job. They weren't visible that much until everything dried. I will update the thread when I hear back. I am leaning towards Carl Darling only because I know they have a clean shop and have done well on all my cars in the past. I would prefer to have Formula one but definitely do not want this issue again. Thanks

1 hour ago, Reeko0530 said:

Thanks everyone for the help. I was nervous to post as I searched the forum and seen other posts where users complained about a couple dust spots. I was just taken aback by how many were in this job. They weren't visible that much until everything dried. I will update the thread when I hear back. I am leaning towards Carl Darling only because I know they have a clean shop and have done well on all my cars in the past. I would prefer to have Formula one but definitely do not want this issue again. Thanks

As you've just found buying off of film brand isn't always the best decision. Find an installer you know and trust and you'll be much happier than someone that just sells a brand. 

As you've just found buying off of film brand isn't always the best decision. Find an installer you know and trust and you'll be much happier than someone that just sells a brand. 
Definitely, I think the suntek will be just fine for me since I know the installer and his other job for me was very nice.

Still no update to my email, hoping he responds tomorrow. I know he saw it right already, but did not respond. If there is no response by tomorrow before close, I will have to call. Keeping my fingers crossed this goes smoothly.

Owner emailed back and said that I can arrive tomorrow morning and he will remove the tint and refund me. He did say he is disappointed that I would not allow him to correct the issues. Unfortunately, if every single piece of tint had this many issues, I just don't want to go through this multiple times. I do feel bad as I know it does hurt his bottom line. Either way, I am hoping that now I can get a proper tint done. Thanks for all the help, you guys are terrific.

8 hours ago, Reeko0530 said:

Owner emailed back and said that I can arrive tomorrow morning and he will remove the tint and refund me. He did say he is disappointed that I would not allow him to correct the issues. Unfortunately, if every single piece of tint had this many issues, I just don't want to go through this multiple times. I do feel bad as I know it does hurt his bottom line. Either way, I am hoping that now I can get a proper tint done. Thanks for all the help, you guys are terrific.

I'd just explain in person politely if it were just one piece that were messed up sure no problem. Given the fact that every window has issues you feel more comfortable just having it removed. If they do that gladly I'd walk away ok. If they were to give you lol our mess anything up then it's review time.

I'd just explain in person politely if it were just one piece that were messed up sure no problem. Given the fact that every window has issues you feel more comfortable just having it removed. If they do that gladly I'd walk away ok. If they were to give you lol our mess anything up then it's review time.

So I just arrived. The owner took me to their dedicated area where they normally do tinting. There was a car there getting tint performed. Its clean, completely draped and the current tint job there which is an escalade looked great. He said during my appointment, he was doing clear a paint protection and used that bay because it was raining. I said my car should of been rescheduled then instead of done on an area that has a high degree of contamination. He has been very nice, nowhere near as defensive as yesterday. I just wish he would of used the correct area first. Just nervous as they are using razorblades to remove tint, always thought steam was used.  

Right after this, I am on my way to the other shop for tint. The owner knows me as I have had several cars done and said to stop by today.  

1 hour ago, Reeko0530 said:

So I just arrived. The owner took me to their dedicated area where they normally do tinting. There was a car there getting tint performed. Its clean, completely draped and the current tint job there which is an escalade looked great. He said during my appointment, he was doing clear a paint protection and used that bay because it was raining. I said my car should of been rescheduled then instead of done on an area that has a high degree of contamination. He has been very nice, nowhere near as defensive as yesterday. I just wish he would of used the correct area first. Just nervous as they are using razorblades to remove tint, always thought steam was used.  

Right after this, I am on my way to the other shop for tint. The owner knows me as I have had several cars done and said to stop by today.  

I might would've honestly give him the opportunity to make it right. Honestly during this time of year many shops get overwhelmed with the work load that is put on us which I know is not your problem but just trying to make sure everything rolls out 💯 every single time becomes quite the task. I agree with the others it shouldn't have left out like it did but at least the guy is trying to do you right. Steam is used in a lot of cases to remove film but sometimes it doesn't do the job right and razors are necessary.