2018 Regal

ErieTint

Yep, I've been meaning to do a write up on it for a while now, just can't seem to find the time. If it's the sedan(actually a hatchback) it's straight forward run of the mill current production GM. Remove the screw from behind the handle, pop the top of the panels back, remove the seal and install. l removed the panel on the hatch for easier access to the glass but it's not necessary, if you do there is a clip that is stubborn on the main panel near the glass to the left (driver's side) of center that if you're not careful you will rip the mount off the panel (ask me how I know). If it's the "Tour X" station wagon model it's the same story but the rear door panels are difficult to get to pop, they used 7 of the retaining clips as opposed to the usual 4 or 5 so it's a bitch. Other than that they're both easy vehicles to do.

32 minutes ago, highplains said:

Yep, I've been meaning to do a write up on it for a while now, just can't seem to find the time. If it's the sedan(actually a hatchback) it's straight forward run of the mill current production GM. Remove the screw from behind the handle, pop the top of the panels back, remove the seal and install. l removed the panel on the hatch for easier access to the glass but it's not necessary, if you do there is a clip that is stubborn on the main panel near the glass to the left (driver's side) of center that if you're not careful you will rip the mount off the panel (ask me how I know). If it's the "Tour X" station wagon model it's the same story but the rear door panels are difficult to get to pop, they used 7 of the retaining clips as opposed to the usual 4 or 5 so it's a bitch. Other than that they're both easy vehicles to do.

29 minutes ago, highplains said:

Also forgot to mention DO NOT under any circumstances put a blade to the glass on the station wagon model in the cargo area, you will scratch the fuck out of it even with a new blade. Stick to your scrub pads for this one.

I believe it is just a sedan but that is good to know for future reference or for anyone that pops in here and sees this thread.

Pop the screw behind the handle then standard GM top edge clips, similar to how the Silverado trucks are now? I like those...

2 hours ago, ErieTint said:

I believe it is just a sedan but that is good to know for future reference or for anyone that pops in here and sees this thread.

Pop the screw behind the handle then standard GM top edge clips, similar to how the Silverado trucks are now? I like those...

:yep

1 hour ago, ErieTint said:

Ok @highplains, where in the hell did they hide the switch for the hatch? 😂

Nevermind. Literally right in front of my face that whole time...

(Its the logo on the back of the car. Push the bottom edge down, the release button is hidden under the logo itself.)

Edited by ErieTint
Added where the button is hidden for future viewers.