Airplane paint remover for strip and retint !!!

The real question is why would you waste all your time doing a job like that.  Just call a mobile glass company to see how much it is to replace it...then charge the customer double that price for dealing with the replacement.  If they go with that price then you win cause you're making extra money without dealing with the hard removal.  If they think the price is too high, then they will become another shop's headache which is also a win.  Smarter not harder people...smarter not harder.

Guest bbvaldezjuly4th
6 minutes ago, TintDude said:

Thanks for sharing the info Rick, it's great that it works, and I can understand why some wouldn't want to use it. 

Not sure if it's closed mindedness per se, some people have breathing issues etc. I wouldn't use it for that reason myself.

As far as here on TD, I don't think we are more or less of these qualities than any other group you may come across, I like to think we are MORE civil than most groups.

And there's also humor. Lots of humor here and I think it's healthy, and hopefully we all can take a little ribbing here and there without taking it personally, because it's rarely intended to be hurtful, but perceptions vary and people can get their backs up a bit. I hope that doesn't happen here. :)

Thanks Rick. I actually didnt share this here but was surprised to see it. :-)  I have no hard feelings with anyone here. Just feel like both sides should be shared. And yes there are many awesome people here and yes plenty of humor to go around :-) And i agree, there are plenty of groups/pages with MUCH less civility then here. :-)  Hope you have been well bud! We should get together and talk about some mutually beneficial stuff ! Have a meeting of the two Ricks! :-) 

Guest bbvaldezjuly4th
2 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:

The real question is why would you waste all your time doing a job like that.  Just call a mobile glass company to see how much it is to replace it...then charge the customer double that price for dealing with the replacement.  If they go with that price then you win cause you're making extra money without dealing with the hard removal.  If they think the price is too high, then they will become another shop's headache which is also a win.  Smarter not harder people...smarter not harder.

I make great money doing these jobs and honestly it doesnt take very long to do. And im with you, if its worse than this i go the replacement route or i dont touch it. The only window i ever use this method on is the rear glass. while it is working im working on the other windows. sometimes it is actually quicker because im not spending the time to get the film off the rear like most jobs. And i see where people are coming from, this is definitely not for everyone. I agree smarter not harder. Me do the work or let the chemical do the work. :-) We should get together sometime since you are in the Atlanta area

4 minutes ago, bbvaldezjuly4th said:

I make great money doing these jobs and honestly it doesnt take very long to do. And im with you, if its worse than this i go the replacement route or i dont touch it. The only window i ever use this method on is the rear glass. while it is working im working on the other windows. sometimes it is actually quicker because im not spending the time to get the film off the rear like most jobs. And i see where people are coming from, this is definitely not for everyone. I agree smarter not harder. Me do the work or let the chemical do the work. :-) We should get together sometime since you are in the Atlanta area

As long as you're happy with the price you are getting paid.  We do not get many removal jobs because of our flat rate removal price which we are increasing to $250 in 2019.  A scrape job would have to be in the $800-$1000 for us.  Otherwise, window replacement or go somewhere else.

25 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:

As long as you're happy with the price you are getting paid.  We do not get many removal jobs because of our flat rate removal price which we are increasing to $250 in 2019.  A scrape job would have to be in the $800-$1000 for us.  Otherwise, window replacement or go somewhere else.

Dam...I need to raise my price too for removal....that shit is driving me crazy...

About every removal i say its my last.  :lolThey’re always time consuming and takena toll on your body.  Good to charge extra since they take up a lot of time in your bay, when you could possibly be doing just a regular tint. To me there are two types of removal, pull film and scrub/scrape adhesive or the worst, which is where most or all the film has to be scraped.  Im considering passing on these. Just too much time and enegry to scrap turds. 

Edited by pbalentine

I agree it isnt ideal. as far as defrosters getting damaged, no. ive never seen it. the chemical is made to react with petroleum products not metal or glass. it is actually specifically made NOT to harm metal, comes in a metal can btw. As far as enclosed spaces, yes you are correct, it definitely has some extra steps in prep-work. I cover things up and use a fan to keep the area ventilated. I also think it needs to be noted that this is a last resort after you have exhausted all your other options. This isnt something i do on a regular consistent basis. in fact i only have to do this maybe one to three times a year. and you are also correct that the can says everything you need to know. as far as posting on the internet and not doing something, i actually agree with you. be careful who you trust because many people talk big but dont have the experience to back it up. 
My point is basically yes its good to be cautious but there is a big difference between being cautious and actually having the years of experience to back up what you post. I was the original poster of this video and can verify that it works.

What’s up Mr. Tallman