Expected pay per vehicle tinting at a dealership?

I will be accepting a job at my local dealership to work in their tint shop( i am in the southeastern USA). I have almost a year of tinting experience so im not brand new to it, but what should i ask to be paid for doing a full sedan( honda accord, honda civic, etc.) and for a 2 door vehicle (SUV). I will also be applying paint protection(which i know how to do) on the door edges and door cups of every vehicle I tint.

I will be going to speak with the manager and negotiating my commission next week and I have no idea how much to ask for because of the paint protection ill be applying after the tint. Most dealers in the area pay $45/ 4 window car (full sedan including back glass) and $25/2 door vehicle, but this rate of pay is only for tinting the windows not applying paint protection so I need help with a solid number to ask for. 

4 hours ago, Prim3e said:

I will be accepting a job at my local dealership to work in their tint shop( i am in the southeastern USA). I have almost a year of tinting experience so im not brand new to it, but what should i ask to be paid for doing a full sedan( honda accord, honda civic, etc.) and for a 2 door vehicle (SUV). I will also be applying paint protection(which i know how to do) on the door edges and door cups of every vehicle I tint.

I will be going to speak with the manager and negotiating my commission next week and I have no idea how much to ask for because of the paint protection ill be applying after the tint. Most dealers in the area pay $45/ 4 window car (full sedan including back glass) and $25/2 door vehicle, but this rate of pay is only for tinting the windows not applying paint protection so I need help with a solid number to ask for. 

Your "1" key must not be working, i think you meant maybe $145 for a full car (still too cheap) and $125 for a 2 door.

Screw that!  I was a flat rate technician that also tinted at the dealership.  They supplied everything to do the job. And a 4 door sedan-(mostly fusions and focus) paid 4.5 hours.... times that by my pay grade was $112.50 per car. A 2 door glass job was 2 hours which paid $50. We also did door edge guard and handle cups. Flat pay of 3 hours for them or $75.  If you go for $25 and $45 per car they’re takin extreme advantage of you!  I’m also in the southeast. Athens GA was where dealership was located.  If you have experience and are bringing a trade to them to make big money off of.... make them pay for it!!!  Remember a dealership will normally take a $160 tint job and mark it up to $299-599 depending on the sale.  Best of luck!!

Accepting a job at the local dealership. Are you working independently or for a dealership program? Are they preloading or cherry picking? Are they wanting to pay you through the dealership as an employee? A number of variables exist here. If you can spit the details, I could tell you exactly how to approach it. I actually helped several installers get their own gig and placement in Georgia dealerships. Don’t get boned....

Cheers 

1 hour ago, drtint said:

Accepting a job at the local dealership. Are you working independently or for a dealership program? Are they preloading or cherry picking? Are they wanting to pay you through the dealership as an employee? A number of variables exist here. If you can spit the details, I could tell you exactly how to approach it. I actually helped several installers get their own gig and placement in Georgia dealerships. Don’t get boned....

Cheers 

I will be employed by the dealership and will be paid as one of their employees. Idk what you mean by cherry picking/pre loading but I will be tinting and applying paint protection to every new vehicle on the lot. They will be providing all the tools, plotter, and film. 

I appreciate the help because I have no idea what a solid commission is 

7 hours ago, CnCCustoms said:

Screw that!  I was a flat rate technician that also tinted at the dealership.  They supplied everything to do the job. And a 4 door sedan-(mostly fusions and focus) paid 4.5 hours.... times that by my pay grade was $112.50 per car. A 2 door glass job was 2 hours which paid $50. We also did door edge guard and handle cups. Flat pay of 3 hours for them or $75.  If you go for $25 and $45 per car they’re takin extreme advantage of you!  I’m also in the southeast. Athens GA was where dealership was located.  If you have experience and are bringing a trade to them to make big money off of.... make them pay for it!!!  Remember a dealership will normally take a $160 tint job and mark it up to $299-599 depending on the sale.  Best of luck!!

Wow! Yeah I’m definitely being underpaid big time. I still haven’t accepted the job so I still have some negotiating power.

how many years of experience do you have?

41 minutes ago, Prim3e said:

Wow! Yeah I’m definitely being underpaid big time. I still haven’t accepted the job so I still have some negotiating power.

how many years of experience do you have?

Over 12 years... but when I worked for the dealership as a technician. I only had about 8 years of part time