Stubborn fingers on window

11 minutes ago, Jake said:

Also to note. See how the finger is coming up on the area your cut is choppy? Make sure your cuts are smooth, the film will lay down better/flatter that way.

Okay, thanks! I will try to make the cuts smoother. I’ve attached a picture of my tint laid out with the box, could you please tell me which side is the factory edge that I should be shrinking the fingers out from? 

24E55A50-62B1-4332-829E-3E31F00F15FE.jpeg

12 minutes ago, tej98 said:

Okay, thanks! I will try to make the cuts smoother. I’ve attached a picture of my tint laid out with the box, could you please tell me which side is the factory edge that I should be shrinking the fingers out from? 

The factory edges are the 2 edges/ends of the roll. What made you choose that film? Did you do a good search on it?

Thanks everyone! I was able to properly line up the film using the factory edges (I was doing it incorrectly before). Once I did that, the fingers were all shrunk with heat and I was able to get the side windows done today. For my first time tinting, I am very happy with the results, we shall see how it holds up. 

As for the tint, I chose the Flexfilm Panaflex because it seemed like a decent quality film for my budget (more just to learn and practice since this is my college car), rather than those other cheaper films with just the dye injected in them. I also know that this probably isn't the easiest film to work with, but I think the trade-off for possibly better heat rejection is nice. 

Thanks again everyone! I'll update when I do the rear windshield in a few days. 

16 minutes ago, tej98 said:

Thanks everyone! I was able to properly line up the film using the factory edges (I was doing it incorrectly before). Once I did that, the fingers were all shrunk with heat and I was able to get the side windows done today. For my first time tinting, I am very happy with the results, we shall see how it holds up. 

As for the tint, I chose the Flexfilm Panaflex because it seemed like a decent quality film for my budget (more just to learn and practice since this is my college car), rather than those other cheaper films with just the dye injected in them. I also know that this probably isn't the easiest film to work with, but I think the trade-off for possibly better heat rejection is nice. 

Thanks again everyone! I'll update when I do the rear windshield in a few days. 

How you like panaflex is it blurry??? Seems like good film for price nanoflex is expensive !!!

1 minute ago, quality tintz said:

How you like panaflex is it blurry??? Seems like good film for price nanoflex is expensive !!!

I haven't gotten it into the sun yet so it's hard to tell if it's blurry just yet. I'll let you know how it looks tomorrow. But I just found out I have a finger on the bottom of one of my side windows that I did not catch earlier, so I may be re-doing that one tomorrow.