Long term lifting issues

That's some orange peel! I haven't seen 3M pro but damn!

I went the other way, from XPEL Ultimate to Suntek Ultra and man I love the finish of it and how it was to work with. No issues with edges for me. I have heard XPEL was bringing out a plus so id say it will be on par with Suntek Ultra but I can only imagine the price of it over here if its more expensive then the standard offering. I'm saving about $800 a roll using Suntek Ultra, can pass that onto my customers which should inturn bring in more business. Havent had a chance to play with the new Trucut but from speaking to the rep a fair bit has changed and has become more user friendly so that will be a plus, otherwise I will just keep bulking...

On 8/5/2018 at 5:11 PM, Supreme said:

That's some orange peel! I haven't seen 3M pro but damn!

I went the other way, from XPEL Ultimate to Suntek Ultra and man I love the finish of it and how it was to work with. No issues with edges for me. I have heard XPEL was bringing out a plus so id say it will be on par with Suntek Ultra but I can only imagine the price of it over here if its more expensive then the standard offering. I'm saving about $800 a roll using Suntek Ultra, can pass that onto my customers which should inturn bring in more business. Havent had a chance to play with the new Trucut but from speaking to the rep a fair bit has changed and has become more user friendly so that will be a plus, otherwise I will just keep bulking...

7 hours ago, pro-tect mobile said:

Yeah none of those issues here... but I use Suntek Ultra. Also I was shocked to see that much orange peel in that film. Damn my clients wouldn't be happy with that at all. 

If you look just to the right of his finger where the film is pulled up you can see the orange peel is in the paint not the film. 

2 hours ago, highplains said:

If you look just to the right of his finger where the film is pulled up you can see the orange peel is in the paint not the film. 

Looks completely different to where the film is to me :mellow: If my car came with that much orange peel in the paint id be taking it back!

Paint, Lighting, Installation and Film all take a part in this.  There are good responses from all as most films today have a minimal difference to the average end consumer if installed properly.  The top films out there on the market have way less orange peel than most factory paint.  Most of the top films on the market will actually make any paint look better and hide minor imperfections like swirls but amplify chips that are already there due to their clarity.  From a high end installation aspect it comes down to the base paint condition as well as the prep work and installation environment that makes a difference in my opinion.

Thank you,

Todd Bergman 

Interwest Distribution

www.interwestdc.com

303-777-4455

Well between my camera being on portrait mode blurring the edges and bad paint it makes it look way worse than it was. I didn’t even realize that in the post but I see it looking back. I went back through all the failures I turned in and they were all Pro 3. Here’s hoping I don’t see any pro 4 failures in 6 months! I’ve been told it’s all been fixed. Also the orlange peel is nothing like that. Here is a link to a full clip I did on a black Porsche.