Guinness World Record for Auto Window Tinting Set!

Is about an hour a car really that mind blowing? Not trying to be negative but can anything be a world record if you get enough people to do it all at once? It's like we're all breaking a World Record just not standing in the same garage. But i will say it's a great way to get local coverage.

16 minutes ago, Tint Slayer said:

Is about an hour a car really that mind blowing? Not trying to be negative but can anything be a world record if you get enough people to do it all at once? It's like we're all breaking a World Record just not standing in the same garage. But i will say it's a great way to get local coverage.

1. This event was not about pounding their chest in regards to speed as it was a great form of marketing to draw attention to the industry and their shop.  They were on every news station and REALLY strenghtened their relationship with the dealership that participated (who also gained exposure). 

2. If you could only imagine the logistics of moving 170 cars in and out of a dealership in a day, that's quite a feat in itself

3. 170 cars divided by 6 hours (they ran out of cars before the time was up) = 28.3 cars per hour.  28.3 cph/20 tinters is 1.41 cars per tinter, per hour, or one car every 42 minutes.

The world record kinda sucks. I can tint 20+ windows in 2 hours. But, the marketing is what I like. I like seeing manufacturers work together with other shops. Expel is really pushing for the tint industry. Its good for us tinters. The world record can only be judged by us tinters but the normal person don't know the ins and outs of what we do. Im sure that everyone here undertands that if we were to grab 21 tinters from tintdude and a shit load of helpers, we will demolish that record. But that is not the point. We didn't come up with the marketing idea and, if we did, we didn't make it happen.