I decided to till the garden today, so I installed my tiller on the back of my tractor, pulled out of the barn, and into the garden. I backed up to the far fence, grabbed the PTO handle to slide it back to Rear PTO, and no matter what I did, the handle would not move. After straining for several minutes I got out my BFH electronic, well actually a rubber mallet, and gave it several whacks which accomplished exactly nothing.

Then I pulled it back in the barn, removed the tiller, and crawled underneath to see what if anything I could accomplish from that side. As it turns out, absolutely nothing.

I'll contact the dealer in the morning, but in the meantime has anyone else experienced such a disappointment?

Edited by jonnywalter

46 minutes ago, jonnywalter said:

I decided to till the garden today, so I installed my tiller on the back of my tractor, pulled out of the barn, and into the garden. I backed up to the far fence, grabbed the PTO handle to slide it back to Rear PTO, and no matter what I did, the handle would not move. After straining for several minutes I got out my BFH, well actually a rubber mallet, and gave it several whacks which accomplished exactly nothing.

Then I pulled it back in the barn, removed the tiller, and crawled underneath to see what if anything I could accomplish from that side. As it turns out, absolutely nothing.

I'll contact the dealer in the morning, but in the meantime has anyone else experienced such a disappointment?

Maybe a couple things. Don’t know what equipment you are working with, but if the pto shaft isn’t telescoping you either have a stuck shaft inside the tube housing (attachment side) or something binding it. Are the splines lined up correctly? I know it sound lame but I have seen it. Has the unit been sitting? There are a few variables here. The pto on the tractor isn’t usually the issue.