Xpel window tint who makes it ???

If XPEL is made by Garware then i'd be more likely to try it, i don't know why people hide the manufacturers, I tend to seek out Garware made products for my own reasons, but it doesn't mean everyone's selling QDP in a box with their own name on it, at least i hope not. I will also say I haven't tried a ton of brands, but if you're selling a different kind of film that's not like the other films that are made by the same manufacturer, why wouldn't you say where it's made? It may be a good selling point. 

Well, it's kind of like Kroger grocery stores don't want you to know who makes their Kroger brand Hazelnut Chocolate Spread. Nutella lovers would buy the store's (private label) brand before the Nutella because it's cheaper. Difference being Nutella brand is more manageable on a knife whereas, Kroger brand is more soupy.

Takeaway: What goes into the original branded goods isn't necessarily what goes into the making of a private label.

1 hour ago, smartie2shoes said:

Well, it's kind of like Kroger grocery stores don't want you to know who makes their Kroger brand Hazelnut Chocolate Spread. Nutella lovers would buy the store's (private label) brand before the Nutella because it's cheaper. Difference being Nutella brand is more manageable on a knife whereas, Kroger brand is more soupy.

Takeaway: What goes into the original branded goods isn't necessarily what goes into the making of a private label.

Just to expand further not all private label products are the same repackaged product, even if they are produced by the same manufacturer. To continue with your Kroger Hazelnut Chocolate spread analogy, the Kroger brand isn't necessarily the identical product as the Safeway, Wal-Mart, etc. even if they all come from the same place.

Edited by highplains
Expanded and clarified

18 hours ago, highplains said:

Just to expand further not all private label products are the same repackaged product, even if they are produced by the same manufacturer. To continue with your Kroger Hazelnut Chocolate spread analogy, the Kroger brand isn't necessarily the identical product as the Safeway, Wal-Mart, etc. even if they all come from the same place.

20 hours ago, smartie2shoes said:

That's kinda my point, if someone is selling a different composition of film in a branded box that's different than in other branded boxes, but all made by Garware (or whoever), then why not say who makes it?

To use your example, people who like Nutella also check out their other products because it's made by Nutella and they know Nutella makes some really good stuff, it's all made by Nutella but different recipes, just like many films being made by Garware just different recipes.

Saying your getting something manufactured by Garware may be more appealing than not knowing where it's from, it's kinda what everyone wants to know with each brand, nobody wants to get the bad film and most know where most of the bad stuff is made. It's almost a bad idea buying film not knowing where it's manufactured. 

I'd want the Nutella products rather than the soupy cheap store brand made elsewhere.

Edited by Tint Slayer

55 minutes ago, Tint Slayer said:

That's kinda my point, if someone is selling a different composition of film in a branded box that's different than in other branded boxes, but all made by Garware (or whoever), then why not say who makes it?

To use your example, people who like Nutella also check out their other products because it's made by Nutella and they know Nutella makes some really good stuff, it's all made by Nutella but different recipes, just like many films being made by Garware just different recipes.

Saying your getting something manufactured by Garware may be more appealing than not knowing where it's from, it's kinda what everyone wants to know with each brand, nobody wants to get the bad film and most know where most of the bad stuff is made. It's almost a bad idea buying film not knowing where it's manufactured. 

I'd want the Nutella products rather than the soupy cheap store brand made elsewhere.

My understanding is that it has to do with non-disclosure agreements with the manufacturers. All the private label companies would probably love to tell you that their film is made by Garware or Eastman etc. but they can't, or they might not want to for other reasons. What if they're trying to build a premium brand and are trying to avoid being labeled as a reboxer? Or trying to avoid any preconceptions and prejudices for a certain manufacturer? Just as an example I've spoken with a longtime Llumar installer that thought Global was garbage because of it's price point and the fact that it's not Llumar, he never tried it but still had that opinion.  Sometimes the information does make it out the back door or is speculated about, but you're not likely ever going to see an official statement from either the manufacturer or the company marketing the private label film.

In some cases you might be getting the same formula. If you knew you could get your true Nutella formula out of a private label jar and save a buck or two in the process are you still going to pay more for the flagship label?

Edited by highplains

I certainly have seen enough film labels to spin one's head all in the same warehouse in my days. Stands to reason mannies with all processes in one location are open to keeping their machines in operation and the people who run them, employed.

NDA's are the norm and adhered to by private labels lest they be looking for another maker.

Another issue I could see from a brands standpoint of why not to give out the manufacturer is the competing price.  If 5 manufacturers come out and advertise they are made by Garware or whomever, then shops might just buy the cheapest priced film.  In their mind, it is the same film from the same manufacturer...why pay more?  When in reality the films are completely different and shouldn't be judged solely based on price point.  Plus they are selling the brand, not the manufacturer.  Xpel and others want to build their own reputation and the trust from shops/consumers.  They wouldn't be doing that if they are pushing the manufacturer name to justify their name.  That means they are only good as long as they use that manufacturer...if they switch to another one for whatever reason, reputation/trust would suffer.  However, the newer product could be better than the older product.

Edited by DynamicATL

On 8/15/2018 at 1:09 PM, bbvaldezjuly4th said:

I compliment a film company that kicks azz and that is your response? Wow. Actually no. No wow really. I've seen this all before. 

Im not shocked. 

At some point the seeds you sow will become fruit. 

Hi Rayno Rick,

I'm not sure why you have assumed my post was directed at you? Did my statement strike a resemblance to your current practice?

Thanks for the biblical agriculture advice... I agree wholeheartedly.