f1 stratos vs huper optik

Im going to be tinting my subaru outback in one of these, which one should I do and why? I know the stratos is really new so theres not really that many real world reviews yet but judging by the specs which one should I go with. I called 2 shops one is a f1 certified dealer that quoted me 450 for the whole car. The other is huper optik dealer, he said if I wanted the best protection I should go with the drei for 650$. Is the drei the best or should I ask for HP ceramic?

I just want the best overall heat reduction i live in az with 110~ temperatures

any input is appreciated!

All the films mentioned are higher performing films...so you will be happy with any of them.  I would first make sure the shops you are looking at produces quality work.  The higher name brand doesn't always equal better quality installation.  F1 Stratos will have a normal Charcoal look while Huper Ceramic and Drei will have a slightly Silver Reflective look.  So depends on the appearance you are wanting.  If you are looking for raw performance, here is how I would rate them from top to bottom...I also added another option in the mix.  Even though this is how I would rank them on performance, any option is a solid film.  Just depends on the balance you want of performance, appearance, and price.

Huper Drei

3M Crystalline

Huper Ceramic

F1 Stratos

3 hours ago, DynamicATL said:

All the films mentioned are higher performing films...so you will be happy with any of them.  I would first make sure the shops you are looking at produces quality work.  The higher name brand doesn't always equal better quality installation.  F1 Stratos will have a normal Charcoal look while Huper Ceramic and Drei will have a slightly Silver Reflective look.  So depends on the appearance you are wanting.  If you are looking for raw performance, here is how I would rate them from top to bottom...I also added another option in the mix.  Even though this is how I would rank them on performance, any option is a solid film.  Just depends on the balance you want of performance, appearance, and price.

Huper Drei

3M Crystalline

Huper Ceramic

F1 Stratos

:yeah

It is also supposed to be in the same range, but I think only 1 member here sells it.  People have questioned their performance numbers, but I don't think anyone has posted findings.  The downside is the photochromic properties will stop working in the 1-3 year range.  It is the same technology used in Transition lenses in glasses.  So eventually it will end up being stuck in a darker shade.  Also, the 35% (darkest they have) has no warranty...you will have to do 45% or above.  They did good marketing the film to the Tesla crowd, so word-of-mouth grew from there.  The film is made in China and the manufacturer originally approached Huper Optik to lease the technology which they passed on it.  So the manufacturer then formed Prestige in the USA to sell the film.  The fact that Huper Optik passed on the technology is enough for me to pass.

As far as the shop stating it is the best...I will tell you the same about 3M Crystalline.  A Llumar Select Pro shop will tell you the same about Stratos.  In the end, it is a combination of our personal opinion and the fact we want to sell you the job.

Edited by DynamicATL

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:33 PM, DynamicATL said:

@Naples Tint Company I believe said he hasn't seen any issues.  I had it briefly on one of my vehicles and I didn't have any issues.

I have it on my van and have sold full installations of it without any negative feedback. It is sputter coated gold and silver, so you could potentially loose 1 bar of cell signal. Regular metalized films will be signal friendly though. I personally favor optically clear films and feel Huper has that dialed in right without any haziness.