Practice Makes Perfect On A Budget

Hi,

I have been very interested in tinting windows recently and know it will take a lot of practice to get used to tinting different cars and to learn techniques that I am best suited to. 

What brand film would you recommend to use to practice with, bearing in mind I will be making mistakes so need to buy a lot of roll, don’t want it to cost me too much.

what equipment would I need? And where is it best to get this from? Will eBay/Amazon be ok with quality of the equipment? (I’d rather buy once and use it for when I eventually tint other people’s cars) 

Thank you you for your help,

Express our solar fx are both highly recommended here for beginners or professionals. If you want a film that's gonna last the classic black from express is budget friendly and will hold up. They have some other films that are cheaper but I have minimal experience with those. Also you can purchase tools from either of those places or 44tools. Tons of threads here on what you'll need as a beginner. 

Technique is a key word, u don’t have to peel liner and apply to work on technique, cutting and applying, the transfer from one side of glass to the other or from ur wall glass is were beginners should start, become comfortable with handling the film and squeegee process before U start slicing up rolls of film, ie do the same door ten times with same piece of film without adhesive. Speed comes with comfort, most of us can tint the cars blind cuz we that’s what we’ve done for so many years, good luck 🍀 

C2FEDFEF-F5F1-4DF7-BE99-89A4E0461691.jpeg