Tesla Model 3 Window Trim Scratches

Evawt

8 hours ago, no ma'am said:

How are sticking the back window there @Super Dave :?  Also ...... :bat Elon musk :bat  somebody needs to tonya Harding that guy but on the head :bat 

I did a couple of them wet shrinking traditional style and then like a half reverse roll to gat it on. ( bottom to top)

My brother has done a lot of them and says to turn the 60 sideways to shrink it. Takes half the time.

I just did one today with Global ceramic in one piece. I laid it sideways and it took awhile to shrink. My hats off to the guys that can do it in CR. Also did the sunroof and was about to crap my pants when the main screen started wigging out. Lucky it stopped after awhile. 

42A1C020-0D9D-488D-A217-9444D6D7EEE4.jpeg

19 hours ago, Super Dave said:

Just booked another one for Wednesday!

Good luck bro! I would also like another try at this car again. First time I laid the film front to back and used a combo of the ryk method and normal shrinking to the sides after I trimmed it. I got a feeling that just laying my 60” roll with an anchor straight down the middle and leaving all the excess to pull shrink. It’s a hunch that this method might work better. 

9 minutes ago, smookee408@yahoo.com said:

Good luck bro! I would also like another try at this car again. First time I laid the film front to back and used a combo of the ryk method and normal shrinking to the sides after I trimmed it. I got a feeling that just laying my 60” roll with an anchor straight down the middle and leaving all the excess to pull shrink. It’s a hunch that this method might work better. 

If I was going dry, that’s how I’d do it, but my brother sent me a picture of his set up wet with the film sideways. He said it took him about 30 minutes to shrink it and his film sux! He figures it’ll take me in the 15-20 minutes range. I’ll let u guys know how it goes and take a picture of my set up.