Tesla Model 3 Window Trim Scratches

Evawt

So appointment showed up, they decided not to do the back glass because they felt it would be a distraction? I tried to tell them “what’s behind u is in the past”! Anyway, upgraded the film so I make the same for the install with less work. I’m pretty sure they’ll come back and say I was right, and tint it later. This is the same people that were sure the wanted 80-90% film all the way around and now we are putting 35-20%.

:rollin

especially Tesla people! The bad part is, I wouldn’t have minded doing that today, even though I’m busy as hell! That was an $800+ ticket, with the mid range film. But when they come back, I’ll be much less inclined to get them right in because the ticket will only have 1 PITA window on it!

1 minute ago, Super Dave said:

:rollin

especially Tesla people! The bad part is, I wouldn’t have minded doing that today, even though I’m busy as hell! That was an $800+ ticket, with the mid range film. But when they come back, I’ll be much less inclined to get them right in because the ticket will only have 1 PITA window on it!

Just gotta price it accordingly. I occasionally have people want to have their vehicle done a portion at a time, and I'll do it for them but I explain that they're going to pay more in the long run. 

I do the same, but unfortunately, I’m not the final say in the matter. They dropped just under 3 grand today at the store, so you know boss man will help them out when they do come back.

Also even though they were strange, they were still very nice so that goes a long way.

10 minutes ago, Super Dave said:

I do the same, but unfortunately, I’m not the final say in the matter. They dropped just under 3 grand today at the store, so you know boss man will help them out when they do come back.

Also even though they were strange, they were still very nice so that goes a long way.

That does make a difference 

20 hours ago, highplains said:

Just gotta price it accordingly. I occasionally have people want to have their vehicle done a portion at a time, and I'll do it for them but I explain that they're going to pay more in the long run. 

I have taken the route of still charging them my normal price but I get them for the bigger pieces up front.

Example; If they can't decide if they want to do the whole vehicle or just the fronts, I charge them full price for the fronts. If they actually come back I just charge the difference to the normal price less what they have already paid. Most people that "can't decide" are just looking for a discount on the first round. In the chance that they show back up, I'd rather gain some trust with them by treating them right. Total time invested isn't much more just spread over two visits.

@ErieTint

If I were an “owner still” that’s what I’d do too. But it’s a little different when your a commissioned tinter, who makes a % of the sale. Let’s say that car is a 4 hr job at an even $1,000, then you charge em $800 because they left off the back glass. But, the back glass is 2-2 1/2 hrs  of your time.

So when they come back, your in a different month of sales working for your next paycheck, that $200 2 1/2 hr window bites you in the A$$ then. These guys will definitely still only have to pay that, but the installer, is not nearly as happy about doing it as he would have been when he was getting that $1,000 dollar sale!

On 8/23/2018 at 9:20 PM, Super Dave said:

You definitely should, you can get good money on them! They really aren’t that bad either, unless your putting a sputtered film on it like Crystalline or Huper  Drei. 

I agree it’s not that bad to tint the back windshield in 1 Piece like everyone talks about, when I tried to mold it for my first time 1 one piece it was honestly easy (using Sunteck film),in my opinion the installation was more  difficult then the molding of the film.at The right price it’s definitely worth Tinting it in one piece,I’m a tinter and manager at a tint shop and I charge $575 for the Tesla Model 3 and for ceramic around $1,200..

On 10/13/2019 at 9:02 PM, Certifiedtintr said:

I agree it’s not that bad to tint the back windshield in 1 Piece like everyone talks about, when I tried to mold it for my first time 1 one piece it was honestly easy (using Sunteck film),in my opinion the installation was more  difficult then the molding of the film.at The right price it’s definitely worth Tinting it in one piece,I’m a tinter and manager at a tint shop and I charge $575 for the Tesla Model 3 and for ceramic around $1,200..

Holy cow do I need to raise my prices...