Back window on the new Honda hatchback.

There was a video of a guy who did this without removing anything. I tried his method and failed 3 times. My 4th attempt I decided to try and shrink it almost like normal on the glass. I was able to successfully shrink the film while it was underneath the bottom spoiler. I just put my tac line way lower very close to the spoiler and also taped up the spoiler to protect it. I did have to use a liner to draw a pattern at first. Not sure if I'm just going to take it apart next time or what lol

4 hours ago, CaliTINT said:

There was a video of a guy who did this without removing anything. I tried his method and failed 3 times. My 4th attempt I decided to try and shrink it almost like normal on the glass. I was able to successfully shrink the film while it was underneath the bottom spoiler. I just put my tac line way lower very close to the spoiler and also taped up the spoiler to protect it. I did have to use a liner to draw a pattern at first. Not sure if I'm just going to take it apart next time or what lol

Save yourself the hassle and get an aftermarket glass for about $150. Then hand cut it. Shrinking with all the cuts is a pain just shrink the whole thing and then hand cut it. 

Edited by smookee408@yahoo.com

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:25 PM, smookee408@yahoo.com said:

Save yourself the hassle and get an aftermarket glass for about $150. Then hand cut it. Shrinking with all the cuts is a pain just shrink the whole thing and then hand cut it. 

I tried. I asked several local glass companies and they said an aftermarket glass was not available at the time (dealer only). I checked websites to order from the dealer and online and prices were $600+ and some also said not available to the public. I even checked a few junkyards. 

So are you telling me that there is an aftermarket glass available now? Did you buy one? Where? Last time I checked was maybe 3-4 months ago with no luck. 

6 hours ago, CaliTINT said:

I tried. I asked several local glass companies and they said an aftermarket glass was not available at the time (dealer only). I checked websites to order from the dealer and online and prices were $600+ and some also said not available to the public. I even checked a few junkyards. 

So are you telling me that there is an aftermarket glass available now? Did you buy one? Where? Last time I checked was maybe 3-4 months ago with no luck. 

I got one a couple of months ago. The first one I got was the last one in the Bay Area and it broke during transport before it got to me. Just my luck that one was OEM. My glass guy was able to secure another one for me that was aftermarket but It took a couple of weeks coming from the east coast. It’s Chinese glass but worked as a shrinking mold. 

The OEM glass list for $800 dealer employee pricing is like $500. 

Gotcha, I will search again  and ask my glass guys if they are able to get their hand on any. Thanks!

13 hours ago, smookee408@yahoo.com said:

I got one a couple of months ago. The first one I got was the last one in the Bay Area and it broke during transport before it got to me. Just my luck that one was OEM. My glass guy was able to secure another one for me that was aftermarket but It took a couple of weeks coming from the east coast. It’s Chinese glass but worked as a shrinking mold. 

The OEM glass list for $800 dealer employee pricing is like $500. 

Cool, thanks! I'll look again and also ask the glass guys for an update.