Last one to Post #890: Open chat thread

3 hours ago, TintDude said:

:hat Fellas

So you guys that have kids already in in Kindergarten, how is it going? Mine starts next week and I'm a little worried for her.

I think it’s been more of an adjustment for me and the wife, than him. We both work so he is used to getting up and going to “school “. There is a couple things he’s struggling with, at his daycare (private school really) he gets plenty of time to eat and lots of snack times, and he should for what it costs. Now he says he’s always hungry, he’ll be fine just needs to focus and eat faster at lunch. The other thing is he says he’s bored, and it’s not real school because he’s not learning anything. He’s gonna have to get used to that for a while because he already reads well and can write quite a bit. It doesn’t seem that most of his class has been going to daycare/school, so it’ll take them a while to catch up. But he’s already made some new friends and his teacher is top notch.

3 hours ago, TintDude said:

Thanks man. She really loved preschool, but that was only 3 hours, 3 times a week. Kindergarten will be 6 hours a day and she has to wear a uniform. Does that sound right?

I know when I was in Kindergarten it was a   Half day, my son goes 8:05-3:25. Seems crazy for them to be there that long, especially when he tells me they don’t do “real work”- his words not mine!