Gorilla Glass

Does anyone have experience with this stuff? That is what I’m being told the windows on the new GT2RS & 3RS are made of. I’ve been putting Blister-Free film on first, then the regular window tint. The dealership says it’s real glass and to tint it regular. It definitely feels and acts like polycarbonate. 

Thanks, I found a similar information. This is just weird, it doesn’t feel or move like glass. I found some other place that it said the gorilla glass is so thin it’s measured with a micrometer. Also when I started looking closer, you can see that it’s laminated. Maybe the glass is the thin layer inside? Or it’s got some kind of coating on it? Either way, I doubt you’ll have any issues with the Blister Free on normal polycarbonate. @jh812 

That’s what I get too, but no where are they saying that’s what they are manufacturing for Porsche.( at least that I’ve seen) all of it seems to be describing the mass manufacturing of large sheets for screens in cell phones and TV’s. 

I did try that when I got the first one in, maybe it was too new? I’ll try it again today! I sure hope this doesn’t become a thing, the film definitely doesn’t want to stick to it.

Edited by Super Dave
Misspelled