Frankenstein or reverse roll ???

There was a gap when one of our old tinters was out for 2 weeks.  I decided to have another dealer tint my vehicle because I didn't want to wait.  The other shop has been around since the 90's and the owner himself did the install.  When it was done, I was like the back glass and windshield look like it has herpes...both were reverse rolled.  Nah, take it off and I'll wait 2 weeks.  :lol

2 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:

There was a gap when one of our old tinters was out for 2 weeks.  I decided to have another dealer tint my vehicle because I didn't want to wait.  The other shop has been around since the 90's and the owner himself did the install.  When it was done, I was like the back glass and windshield look like it has herpes...both were reverse rolled.  Nah, take it off and I'll wait 2 weeks.  :lol

If I had to guess they likely roll from the vehicle. That's not to say it can't be done clean that way but it takes some added steps to get it to where it needs to be imo. 

1 hour ago, DynamicATL said:

We Frankenstein, but like @Super Dave said it will be hard on a large window.  I am sure plenty of people have mastered the reverse roll method for cars.  However, out of the 3 experienced tinters that I saw use it, there was a lot of debris in the install.

To be honest, I am just now getting the reverse roll down to where I’m comfortable doing it and getting the equivalent quality of install. I’ve seen a bunch of other tinters do it down here, but the installs were always sub-par. So I stayed away from doing it. Did my first RR, maybe 6 mos ago and scrapped it. Also,  I always clean my “peel board” xtra if I know I need to reverse roll that car. I never do it off the car! I sometimes, still mess it up on a difficult window. 

I've been reverse rolling or "scroll" rolling for most of my 19 years in business.  I promise you that my installs are clean or at least as clean as the vehicle itself is!  I wouldn't dream of going back and doing a Frankenstein install on most cars.   I even reverse roll truck back windows if I actually cut them on the outside.  I cut close to size and "flat glass" most of them today though unless they don't have frit edges.